Who needs a push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
Okay so in your opinion who are the top five guys who deserve a push in TNA right now? Those who have perhaps been ignored for a while, and now have the time to be pushed into the limelight with the two hours. Whether thats a big push or slight push doesn't matter, but please explain the push and why.

Pushes:

1. Christopher Daniels - I know Triple X have only just reformed, but I'm not feeling it and I feel Daniels has always been way too impressive both in the ring and on the mic to be an x-divisioner or in the tag team division. I've always thought he was destined for the TNA title push.

2. AJ Styles - Again AJ is ace, and although I think his character works well in Christians coalition I don't think tagging with tomko is really working for him. Either put the guy at the top of the X-Division or work more to develop his character so that he can gradually move upwards. People like Sting are not going to be around forever to fill the main event.

3. Raven - Raven will always be one of my favourite wrestlers and characters, he's qwirky and his return on Impact this week was entertaining, especially his promo around the two hour mark. The guy knows the business, and I'd like to see him given the push at BFG over the others - possibly to feud with Mesias, though I think they're going to do Sting vs. Mesias, title or not after BFG.

4. Robert Roode - I'd like to see him in some more meaningful feuds, I don't think he's ready to be pushed too high yet. But I'd love to see him feud with say Chris Harris, Rhyno, James Storm, Tomko.. kinda similar size guys who I think they could come up with a good storyline for.

5. Motor City Machine Guns - Give these guys the tag team titles, or at least the chance to become the tag team champions instead of landing the belts on a handicapped poor excuse for a publicity stunt.

Depushes
1. Black Reign - Get this guy off my television! It is not entertaining it is just plain awful, it makes me cringe everytime he gets on the TV.

2. The Steiner Brothers - Washed up, has beens again get them off my damned TV it's not entertaining in the slightest.

3. Team 3D - Team 3D should be being used to PUT OTHER GUYS OVER. Imo they are not long for the business or TNA, and they are not entertaining anymore (especially as heels)

4. Team Pacman - Either allow this guy to wrestle, or terminate his damn contract. I like his theme music, and the gimmick but just having the belts on some guys were only one is wrestling it's near ridiculous.

5. Abyss - Needs to take a back seat for a while IMO. Just be used more for putting other guys over if at all possible.

Reaction score
Robert Roode I think he is awesome talent. But is being held back!:angry2:

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
1. Low Ki- fued for the world title
2. Homocide- should have won the x title by now
3.Joe- should have the world title
4. daniels- fued for world title
5. jimmy rave- do something productive with him

Christian

Reaction score
1. Give Christian Cage his title back.
2. Give AJ Styles a push in the X-Division.
3. Have Motor City Machine Guns feud with LAX for #1 Contenders for the Tag Belts. If Pacman gets cleared to wrestle, have LAX win the feud and then feud with Team Pacman for a while, only to lose in the end. If Pacman doesn't get cleared to wrestle, have MCMG win the feud then take the titles on their first attempt.

PeepShow

5 guys in no particular order who need a push rigth now are:

Petey Williams
AJ Styles
MCMG
Robert Roode
Kaz

I think we all know why. Just use your imagination ;)

Switchy

Reaction score
1) AJ Styles. He has already one the big one 3 times in TNA but since Angle came he kinda slipped down. He is barely ever recognised as a three time champ and I think it is actually good that TNA is doing that. The calibur of superstars in 2004 is nothing compared to now and AJ has to reprove himself and I can see him getting in some good feuds with the likes of Angle once he reaches ME point again.

2) Robert Roode. The guy is simply amazing on the mic and in the ring and had been stuck in the midcard too long. TNA need to push him sooner or later because he is running out of midcarders to feud with although I kinda like the Kaz feud atm but imo Roode could've been at the main event point now if TNA didn't drag on the feud with Young. I reckon he could get a nice ME push when JJ returns because those two kinda have unfinished business back from a few months ago...

3) Homicide. I like his tag team pairing with Hernandez but he is a proven singles competitor as we all know from RoH. I would love to see him pushed but if LAX split I dunno what will happen to Hernandez which kinda worries me 'cause I'm a fan of him but the thread is "who needs a push" not "who do you want to push". He could get an ME spot judging by his skill but I think that's too much for TNA to do and I think the maximum point he could reach is the X title which I hope he wins sooner or later.

4) Christopher Daniels. We all know he is capable in the tag division and X-division and he is another person who should be ME'ing right noww but isn't because of bad booking. I do like XXX, no doubt but Daniels deserves far more better. He isn't getting any younger and should get a push soon enough hopefully. A dream match of mine would be Daniels/AJ/Joe but instead of for the X-title, for thhe TNA title...

5) Ron Killings. He is another proven competitor in TNA, winning two world titles and is far too good to be teaming with Pacman. He may not be the most conistent of performers but can get crowds booing or cheering for him whenever he likes which is what I like about him. He also does so crazy shit in the ring with all the splits and breakdancing moves etc which also gets me liking him because they make him unique. I can't see TNA giving him another ME run but I could see him 1 day going for the X-title and getting his triple crown.

Honourable mntions: Petey Williams, Senshi and Eric Young

Depushes:

1) Kurt Angle. I like this guy in the ring and he has great mic skills and everything but he shouldn't have hled all the titles which was bad booking from TNA. I don't want him to drop the title yet but I don't want no Cena title reigns. There are plenty of deserving people in TNA who are being ignored and I think the prime reason is Angle.

2) Abyss. I personally don't like him in the ring and the monster gimmick no longer works now he's a face because he is always getting beat down by somebody. I don't know what TNA should do with him because he doesn't deserve to be where he currently is but I don't think they should job him out either because that'd make him look even worse

3) Pacman Jones. What the hell is this guy doing with the tag titles if he's not gonna wrestle? I do like his pairing with Killings but why with the tag titles, if Pacman isn't gonna wrestle then make him a manger and give Truth a singles push with him managing. I think that'd work well because the character of the pair still remains and can elevate Killings back up to the upper midcard/ME so it kinda isn't a depush but just get the tag titles off him!

LKP

Well sounds the old school tna but Aj styles, daniles and senshi should get pushed. Rhino should also have one world tile at least in this tna career. Id have cage and styles fight soon. Styles as the face the cocky youngster who smiles a lot and can put on a good match up with cage. Roode i like also but is it me or does'nt he sell very well?

PeepShow

3) Pacman Jones. What the hell is this guy doing with the tag titles if he's not gonna wrestle? I do like his pairing with Killings but why with the tag titles, if Pacman isn't gonna wrestle then make him a manger and give Truth a singles push with him managing. I think that'd work well because the character of the pair still remains and can elevate Killings back up to the upper midcard/ME so it kinda isn't a depush but just get the tag titles off him!

I agree with you, but the reason he has the title is a little thing called publicity. They wanted to get their names out there by having a big time controversial football player as a champ. THat obviously hasnt worked. I wouldnt be suprised that after BFG, Pacman is canned

The Ripper

Reaction score

The reason he has the titles is because TNA were stupid, and wrote into his contract that he would hold one of the 3 titles within his time with the company.

Reaction score
Pushes:
Raven
Rhino
AJ Styles
Jimmy Rave
Tomko

Depushes:
Jay Lethal
Samoa Joe
Steiners

lastlaugh

Reaction score
maybe you guys will disagree with me ....but kaz looked pretty good last week on impact. im not too sure about his mike ability...but he looks pretty solid in the ring. I wouldnt mind see his fued with roode push its way to the top

gashface

Reaction score
I think Kaz gets a good pop actually, and his look kinda screams heel at me but I think TNA would have to put some time into developing his microphone skills and character - if he's a good heel he can't be too similar to Roode or Christians gimmick.

His actual feud with Roode I'm kinda bored of, unless they push it somewere futher than the Ms. Brookes being torn between the two, if they're gonna create a feud I want to see something more complex and original.

Reaction score
1. Give Christian Cage his title back.
2. Give AJ Styles a push in the X-Division.
3. Have Motor City Machine Guns feud with LAX for #1 Contenders for the Tag Belts. If Pacman gets cleared to wrestle, have LAX win the feud and then feud with Team Pacman for a while, only to lose in the end. If Pacman doesn't get cleared to wrestle, have MCMG win the feud then take the titles on their first attempt.

I agree. The only things I would add or change is to put Low Ki aka Senshi and AJ Styles in the TNA title scene. Also have Kaz go for the X Division Title again.

MTG

Reaction score
Pushes:

1. Petey fucking Williams: one of the best wrestlers on the roster and still very young. This guy deserves the X division title soon.

2. Ron "the truth" Killings: I've only seen a few of his matches but what i've seen has impressed me so fucking much. The guy is an amazing athlete and i want him in the WHT division

3.Kaz: The guy is a great athlete and has been having a pretty good fued with robert Roode. Slap the X title on the guy for a lenghty run

4. MCMG: probably two of the best on the TNA roster, these guys are great

5.Christopher daniels: Been one of my favorites since i started watching. The guy is a great athlete and i love his promos

Honorable mentions: tomko, senshi

gashface

Reaction score
Pushes:
2. Ron "the truth" Killings: I've only seen a few of his matches but what i've seen has impressed me so fucking much. The guy is an amazing athlete and i want him in the WHT division

Ron the truth killings was one of the first NWA:TNA world heavyweight champions and has been many times in the past. I'm pretty sure he only came back into TNA for the money they offered him to team with Pacman, from what I've heard he asked for the release.