Who need a new finisher

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulreaper545

Reaction score
This one is pretty self-explanatory but who truely needs a new finisher

Rey Mysterio- the 619 Is just to easy to see coming and really doesn't have any "WOW" factor to it anymore

CM Punk- If we are going to make Punk an Anti-drug promoting heel he shouldn't have a finisher as slow as the GTS he need something that can be used as a "hit and run" kind of move

Kofi Kingston- Don't get me wrong on this one, When he uses the Trouble in Paradise( or whatever it is called) he always misses and the other guy looks stupid when he blocks to early before Kofi finishes spinning

Big Show- Lets just drop the failed boxer thing already and get rid of the KO Punch

William Regal- know the Knee Trembler is a good move but after being used for so long the guy could use something new by now

Airfixx

Big Show... If I see another big-time match ended with a crappy punch I'm gonna make like Michael Douglas in Falling Down and take some mo'fo's out.

MizMasta3000

Guys who needs a new finisher:

1. MVP
2. Vance Archer
3. William Regal because a running knee is an obsurd finisher

Kizza

M.V.P's is easily the most horrid. An Overdrive is Blue. You're landing on your own knee while smashing the opponents head into the back of your own knee. The Drive By kick is 1000X the finisher.

Fairly sure Regal uses the Regal Stretch as a finisher, which is absolute badass. And I don't see how a KNEE TO THE HEAD is a ridiculous finisher. It's 1000X more believable then 50 thousand flips into a hurricanrana.

MizMasta3000

M.V.P's is easily the most horrid. An Overdrive is Blue. You're landing on your own knee while smashing the opponents head into the back of your own knee. The Drive By kick is 1000X the finisher.

Fairly sure Regal uses the Regal Stretch as a finisher, which is absolute badass. And I don't see how a KNEE TO THE HEAD is a ridiculous finisher. It's 1000X more believable then 50 thousand flips into a hurricanrana.

You are so anti-indy lol

Regaal stretch is tight

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
MVP needs one the most. I don't know why they stopped having him do the Drive-By-Kick. That move was bad ass. The Playmaker is horrible to look at.

Airfixx

^^^LOL... We'll prob never find out. (Yet again another guy brought in to a fanfair - The return of Vicki, Beating Matt H - only to dissapear from our screens before he get's a proper chance to get over.)

As for "Anti-indie".... Nah, just the same debate goin' on about moooovez that me & XBA had a week or so ago.... "Style over substance?"... And like me, Kizza is a substance man. Besides, illogical moves which don't look PAINFUL aren't exclusive to the indies.

Fairly sure Regal uses the Regal Stretch as a finisher, which is absolute badass.

REGAL STRETCH IS THE SHIT....

Hadn't seen it used for a fair while - Was so great to see him bust it out a couple of times during the match & build for the most recent clash with Christian.

If not the RS, I'm not totally clear as to what his bonafide finisher is but he's also very fond of an ExploderSuplex and has used that to polish off a couple of guys in matches on Superstars this year.

Re: MVP.... Although, he's used it since turning, the driveby kick is too vicious for your typical face move. To be honest, goven that he's already got the Ballin' Elbow, Playmaker & DBK, I wouldn't expect any moveset tweaks unless they're finally gonna give him a proper push (Let's face it.... When's the last time MVP got to 'finish' anyone off? :roll: ).

Airfixx

From what I've seen The Knee Trembler is like the Regal equivalent of Orton's punt... Not so much a finnisher (Orton has the RKO rmember), but just something to put a man down when he's feeling sadistic or threatened. As already insinuated I beleive The Regal Stretch IS his finnisher.

If you think I am wrong, then by all means add a counter-point...

MizMasta3000

Orton doesnt go for the punt 5 times a match like Regal did in his last ECW championship match

Airfixx

Well your apparent exageration aside, I saw him attempt it twice in that match and I've defo seen as much from Orton.

Beer Money Army

Regal Knee finisher is solid as!! I like it, It give regal more crediblity. Regal also has Regal Stretch/The Regal Power of The Punch with Knuckles/Arm Trap Neckbreaker and that Double underhook Power, that he performs very excellent.

With Big Show Punch, I reckon it should be mixed into a Combo, Such as Big Show Punch followed by The Codebreaker/ Before the wrestler hits the deck Show follows it up by Chokeslam.

in Singles Matches do the Punch and then hit the ropes for that 500 Pound Spear, Big Show needs to Perfected that Spear, Because IRL a 500 Pound Spear would kill as.

Miz needs a new Finisher, He stoled Y2J's Breakdown Finisher :smh. (i have notice Y2J hasn't done that double underhook backbreaker that he use to do in 1990's-2001 era, I notice Cm Punk does it sometimes)

But MVP Needs a New Finisher, That Elix Skipper Move sucks.

noumenon

Top of the list is obviously Big Show. First of all he's horrible in the ring, and can barely throw regular punches, never mind a knockout one. It's always executed slowly, sloppily and looks ridiculous. Besides, how many punches are thrown in the course of a wrestling match...why not just do it right off the bat. What happened to that cobra clutch/backbreaker throw he used in ECW?

As said, MVP's overdrive is terrible. Drive By should be his finisher.

Cody's finisher is also extremely generic. We have definitely entered the age of spinning neckbreaker finishers and Cody's Cross Rhoades is no different.

Bring back Burchill's Curb Stomp.... the jackhammer isn't working for him. And he's never consistent of whether it's a jackhammer or brainbuster.

You guys don't like Regal's finishers? Really?

Miz's Skull Crushing Finale is also a bit blah. It's not too bad but I preferred the reality check.

Punk's GTS is bad ass...IMO, one of the most painful looking finishers in WWE...next to maybe the Code Breaker. Cmon...being thrown off someone's shoulders and getting a knee right in the face?

Oh and LMAO @ Henry's World's Strongest Slam....what a lazy, boring, bullshit finisher.

Off topic a little bit...but Drew's finisher is fucking brutal.

Wordlife

Drew's is great, and I still love the GTS

I know I'm going to get heat for this, but if HHH were to go heel sometime soon, don't you think he could use a new finisher considering the Pedigree is getting old?