Who might replace Batista in Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Oh. Thought you WANTED to see him in Evolution. I can't think of anything worse.
I don't see how he's the worst choice in all honesty, he's an above average worker at least especially in the powerhouse role, has ties to HHH and from a character standpoint it's easy to make it seem logical. If they wished to they could even bring up his past with H from their feud at Mania 26 (was it 26 or 27? I really can't remember.) Sheamus ended up attacking H at ER causing him to be written off for a while, so you could have H wanting to revive that ferocious side of the Celtic Warrior. Say him going soft is the reason for his decline and boom goes the dynamite. It wouldn't be my first choice either but definitely not my last.

Roman Reigns.
Reigns is getting pretty over as a babyface isn't he? Why try to fight that by turning him heel?

Alexander Rusev as the rookie in Evolution..... what do you guys think? He's dominant, it would get him away from the squash match marathon he's been in lately.

Just a random thought.

Rusev does need some direction absolutely but this just seems off to me, like really unnatural for his character.

Barrett could fit especially given his mini feud with Bryan around Summerslam last year giving it some logic, he's not got the typical big man ripped look but he has the bodyguard aura to him IMO. Have H screw over BVD so Wade wins to sweeten the deal. It'd probably be best for business after all.

I agree with D'Z on the whole that they won't stick around as Evolution but if they did I don't see too many great choices to join.

Reactions: Snowman1

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
If Batista truly does leave for a little after Extreme Rules, Evolution will split up once again. Seems like a one time novelty act rather than a long-term thing. Why label it Evolution when only 2/4 of the original members are in the group? I get the stable has a unique gimmick that can be recreated, but it still isn't right. Especially considering it was ten years ago.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Someone mentioned before that Evolution this time could have Triple H in the Flair role, Orton in the Triple H role...

...yeah that's not happening. Anyway, as a hypothetical way to replace the two younger guys, Seabs was right. Sheamus would be a nice fit. He'd fit the role, fit the Triple H character, and get that desperately needed heel turn to possibly be entertaining again. And after Goldust goes back to NXT to train, being the 4th "Orton" member of Evolution could be a great way to keep Cody's momentum going. Suit-wearing slow-talking Rhodes could be pretty badass.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Slate Randall.

Brosnar

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd love for them to bring in Drew McIntyre.

Apparently, Triple H is high on him, and I loved his "push" when he first won the IC title. Sadly, since he's not "heavily" involved in a storyline with Hornswoggle and El Torito, I doubt this will happen.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sheamus and Cody Rhodes are two guys that seem to fit the role of the young guy in the group.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
New member here! Hi, everyone!

- I agree with what you guys've said. Both Rusev and Cody would be good choices. But there's also Sheamus, who desperately needs a heel turn, his character's been stale for quite a while now... And I could also see Ambrose there, too. Ambrose would be the perfect bad guy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'd love for them to bring in Drew McIntyre.

Apparently, Triple H is high on him, and I loved his "push" when he first won the IC title. Sadly, since he's not "heavily" involved in a storyline with Hornswoggle and El Torito, I doubt this will happen.
McIntyre can never be pushed again. 3MB is perma-stank on your career. It won't come off.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sheamus and Cody Rhodes are two guys that seem to fit the role of the young guy in the group.

Sheamus is older than Orton and already an estabished main-eventer who has won multiple world titles.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I don't see the point in a replacement. It's supposed to be a revival of the group, not a recreation.

9hunter

Jobber
Reaction score
I want to say Sheamus. So I am. Sheamus.
I thought Sheamus would have been great for the Randy Orton role as "The New Face of The WWE" if he wasnt injured at the time.

I thought Cesaro would have been great as the future role but he's with Paul Heyman now. Cody Rhodes is more than deserving of a push