'Who is the most popular pro wrestler of all time?' game

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

According to Bret Hart everybody is an asshole....

You have to break a few eggs if you want an omelette.

Also just because somebody said it, that doesn't mean it's true. By that logic you STILL should have voted for Ric Flair because 99% of people talk crap about Cena & atleast Ric Flair knows how to do a simple back drop correctly, not to mention the body of work & legacy left behind for all of us to enjoy.

"second rate performer"

I don't think you know what you're looking at man.

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
According to Bret Hart everybody is an asshole....

You have to break a few eggs if you want an omelette.

Also just because somebody said it, that doesn't mean it's true. By that logic you STILL should have voted for Ric Flair because 99% of people talk crap about Cena & atleast Ric Flair knows how to do a simple back drop correctly, not to mention the body of work & legacy left behind for all of us to enjoy.

"second rate performer"

I don't think you know what you're looking at man.

Everyone in the business said that Ric Flair's an asshole ... I mean, EVERYONE.
He had also issues with Foley, Steiner, Nash, Bruno Sammartino, Dusty Rhodes, Shane Douglas ... And many others

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
He had issues with Foley, Steiner, Nash, Bruno Sammartino, Dusty Rhodes, Shane Douglas ...

For this, I am more looking either at their overall in ring body of work and both of them are great. So, really, you can say either one is good. For me, I look at in-ring-work, not backstage personality. For me, Flair, BARELY pulls through.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He had issues with Foley, Steiner, Nash, Bruno Sammartino, Dusty Rhodes, Shane Douglas ...
I don't know / care if he was a good person. I am not saying he's my best friend.

I rate him as one of the best performers EVER. That said, you think he's second rate then that's your call. Each to their own and all that. But if we liked wrestlers based on how good they are as people, we'd have a lot of trouble liking any wrestler (especially from the WWF Era)

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't know / care if he was a good person. I am not saying he's my best friend.

I rate him as one of the best performers EVER. That said, you think he's second rate then that's your call. Each to their own and all that. But if we liked wrestlers based on how good they are as people, we'd have a lot of trouble liking any wrestler (especially from the WWF Era)

If we want to talk about ring performances ... Seriously? If Flair was a good wrestler what the hell were Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Benoit, HBK ... Aliens?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
If we want to talk about in ring performances ... Seriously? If Flair was a good wrestler what the hell were Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Benoit, HBK ... Aliens?

They were all good Wrestlers?

You do realize there is more than one good wrestler right? I never said they weren't good, in fact, I voted for HBK even though I dont like him one bit.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
If we want to talk about in ring performances ... Seriously? If Flair was a good wrestler what the hell were Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Benoit, HBK ... Aliens?

Ric Flair was good technically and he has shown through with his in ring psychology, selling (except him flopping, lol), overall charisma, and ability to captivate a crowd. It is not to say that Bret, Kurt, HBK and Benoit were not great wrestlers, but there is a reason why Flair was a countless time World Champ.