Who is the most important member in a band?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
This is a question that always gets a lot of different answers. You typical band will usually feature a guitarist, and bass player, a drummer, and a singer. But there are a lot of bands with more, or less of that. My question is who is the most important member of a band, in your opinion.

The lead singer of course becomes the poster boy for the band usually, and I feel is held higher than the rest. But I remember something I read sometime of a band without a drummer is like a car without wheels. You're not going anywhere. So I feel the drummer is pretty important as well.

However, my final decision is the lead singer. What about you?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd personally say the bassist. They always set the tone for the song. I have always enjoyed the bass in Rock. Although I love the lead guitar also. Lead singer isn't all the important, as some bands have proven you don't need a lead singer to be awesome. Buckethead is a prime example. He can dish out amazing tunes, doesn't need a vocalist(Although sometimes does have one).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
A singer if good enough could do a whole concert acapella before say a a drummer could do a whole show by himself just using drums. Singer if need be can just do something simple like have the crowd do hand claps while he or she sung acapella so yeah it's def the singer cause its the one thing you need no matter what the genre.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Again, I disagree. A lot of bands, who do have lead singers have proven they don't need one to make great music. If we are talking concert wise, yes they are fairly important. But I'd really hope people would be going to the concerts for the music. In my opinion, the music just sounds silly without bass.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The question is though what is most important meaning you take it out and it would fuck up the band the most and it has to be the singer. Plus it's band period not just rock music. You don't need bass as much as you need a singer considering you can do a whole song with just one instrument like a piano, guitar, etc. Can take Evanesence for example Amy Lee could do a whole show or album with just a piano melody playing and it would sound amazing.

Aniking

Reaction score
Every member is important. You simply cannot have a band without one of those elements. They all leave a huge hole in the quality of the band in general.

Personally, I can't stand bands that have no vocals. That same hole would be evident if the band had no drummer or no guitarists. They all compliment each other.

ljepilo

Reaction score
Well isn't it obvious that the singer is the most important member in the band ? Without him ,the whole band would just fall apart.

spiderman

Reaction score
The vocalist/frontman is the face of the band. Mostly, a band becomes famous because of the vocal style of the singer though each and every member really plays an important role but it's the frontman who people will talk about and remember.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The A & R guy who puts all the shit together.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Don't feel the need to explain and can't be bothered but in my mind it's the lead singer. He has to sing the songs, get the crowd going and having a good time, etc.