Who is the best heel in the WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Miz does pissed off and angry pretty damn well to be honest.

As for facing Rey, had it pointed out to me somewhere on here (prob the SS thread) that Rey has picked an injury and won't be at Summerslam.

No, he won't. Miz is a star now. The first one they've successfully made on the first attempt since Edge (not including Jeff). It took Randy Orton 3 years to get to this level, same with Punk (would argue Punk was at that level in late 09-early 10 but the WWE dropped the ball and didn't pull the trigger). Miz has shown he's good enough and has the ability to constantly stay over.

LOL hardy? It took SEVEN years to get a world title on that fucker after the Ladder match with Taker in 2002.

...god...

Reaction score
That wasn't a serious push to him to the main event then.. it was just Undertaker putting him over so that he can be credible in the MIDCARD. Hence why he won the European title shortly after that. Hardy couldn't have made it to the main event during that period, there was too many BIG stars (both literally and metaphorically) at that time.

Airfixx

Reaction score
...When was that match? What, May/June 2002?

Jeff had already been a mid-card title holder for much of 2001... First IC title win against HHH (!!!), fueding with a hot RVD & Eddie (?) etc.

To me Jeff/Taker was WWE showing that Jeff could hang with the top talent (It was TAKER FFS... Even today most ME-ers don't get that kinda rub from him!) and if the next few years of his career had been different (i.e. continued his run with the company) I all but guarantee they'd have at least had him contending for world titles long before 2008 (See RVD, Kane & Booker and the much sited lack of faces during 2002/2004).

As for previous comment on Orton, I think that's what 'blurred' things for me initially.... Do you mean 2002 - 2004 (debut to first world title) or 2006 > 2008 (becomeing a true ME-er)... I mean you could argue that it took Orton approx 4-5 years after his first WHC to become a bonafide ME-er.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
...When was that match? What, May/June 2002?

Actually, it was July 1st 2002.

The only reason I remember that is because July 1st is Canada Day and I vividly recall coming home stinking drunk and catching this match during the Raw replay, really digging the match and marking out because I thought Jeff might actually win.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Hahaha pretty funny I remember the excact dateof that ladder match too because my birthdays on July 1st and I was happy as hell that match was on my bday lol (was pissed that my bros bday was the return of fuckin HBK earlier that year tho..) but Ortons been a bonifide main event since his first world title win imo..The guy has faced them all hes almost done it all already, the way they pushed that guy was absolutley phenominal. His Hardcore match with Cactus Jack solidified him as a mainstay and a credible main eventer imo and he was the best heel in the WWE for YEARS probably 04-08 honestly. As far as jeffs conserned he would of been a main eventer much earlier than he did if he never went on that hiatus and fucked around in TNA for those odd years. That ladder match with taker made many realize that he was damn sure capable of becoming a huge star and he carried the mid card for the months after until he left, and had he not left im sure a world title program would of been in the works for him not too long after that.

antichrist713

Reaction score
Ziggler, Barrett, Christian, and Bryan all seem to be great heels.

WhickedClown

Reaction score
Right now the only heel who looks good in this company is Dolph Ziggler. All the other heels bore or dissapoint me

Rell

Reaction score
Ziggler sucks to me. He's one of those fake generic Miz type heels that does cliche shit like making fun of local sports teams for heat. That's so corny and played out to me. The little showoff schtick is cute, but it screams Chris Hero 2007. Cody Rhodes is in the same boat. His character had a lot of depth at one point, but they decided to make him one dimensional for whatever reason...

As far as the question in the OP goes...It's this man

tumblr_m1tsswWx6F1qdrfj3o1_500.png

EDIT: Just thought I should clarify a bit.

1 - I'm talking strictly as a heel. I think Zig Zag is a phenomenal wrestler, and pretty damn entertaining to boot. He has a ways to go before I start considering him one of the best heels in the E, though.

2 - I have Bryan pegged as the E's best heel because of the depth of his character. He has the "Role Model" thing which is pretty much a play on Kurt's old Olympic Hero gimmick. He's manipulative... a do-gooder... pushes his vegan lifestyle down peoples throats, and on top of all that, he abuses women. throw in the excessive celebrating and we have ourselves an awesome fuckin heel. I might be a bit biased since I'm an admitted former Indy nerd, but I feel Bryan is the best heel we've seen in a long time.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lol, so ECK was shitty cliche when it came to promos then?

Rell

Reaction score
who the fuck is ECK, bruh.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Edge, Christian, Kurt.

Rell

Reaction score
well yeah, making fun of local sports teams is super cliche no matter who's doing it. obviously all parties were better than that, though.

you don't think so?

it's called cheap heat for a reason.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The way you said it made it sound like using bad teams for a cheap heat is a bad thing and shouldn't be used though.

Not saying it's not cheap, because it is, but my god E&C pulled it off so well.

edit-

[yt]MVAhFiELkbI[/yt]

TOTALLY CURBSTOMPED~!

...god...

Reaction score
2 - I have Bryan pegged as the E's best heel because of the depth of his character. He has the "Role Model" thing which is pretty much a play on Kurt's old Olympic Hero gimmick. He's manipulative... a do-gooder... pushes his vegan lifestyle down peoples throats, and on top of all that, he abuses women. throw in the excessive celebrating and we have ourselves an awesome fuckin heel. I might be a bit biased since I'm an admitted former Indy nerd, but I feel Bryan is the best heel we've seen in a long time.
Um , you realize CM Punk did exactly ALL of this or did you miss all of 2010 and most of 2009. He's probably the LEAST innovative of the people you mentioned rofl, besides Miz. Because his vegan thing is a direct rip-off of Punk's SES except expressed far more poorly and the vegan thing is more humorous than it is hateable, imo. You really HATED Punk for the shit he would say. Dolph is one of the most innovative heels in the history of the WWE based on any of his work on ZTLIS. On TV? He's terrible and so limited and restricted that it's mind boggling to me, fuck the WWE. Cody Rhodes is generic? Did you miss the entire Cody/Show feud where he made a throw-away feud extremely entertaining. His promo the week or two before Wrestlemania where he came out and said that Big Show's name will become an insulting verb was fucking GOLD. Though I agree, his character did lose depth, but this guy could easily be given the title next week and make it entertaining if they gave him the chance, imo. Also Miz is like the greatest heel they have for garnering heat at any time and any place. Cheap heat isn't a definitive reason to denote his talent, watch his largely improv promo with The Rock two weeks in a row (and on that note, does that make Hollywood Rock a bad or 'fake' heel too? and wigger John Cena?). The guy is hands down their best heel, imo, just on the fact alone how he just knows how to get under the audiences skin by playing the annoying, cocky douche character to the T. And he doesn't NEED to insult the sports teams to do it.

noumenon

Reaction score
Bryan is indeed entertaining as a heel and has been doing a great job with it... but as said he is pretty much a carbon copy of Punk's SES gimmick with a little more comedy thrown in.

I don't think Ziggler has been given enough freedom to really develop his character on TV. He's phenomenal in the ring and has really shown some glimmers of promise. I don't understand why they just won't take a shot with this guy instead on perpetually having him tag with Mr. Puberty Growth Spirt Swagger.

While we're on the subject, why the hell is Alberto STILL being shoved down our throats. The guy has had about four chances to get himself over as the top heel he's being billed as and still no one gives a flying fuck about the guy. He's EXTREMELY generic, boring and listening to the guy is like watching paint dry. Enough.