Who has suprised you since their debut?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Which superstar on the active roster has suprised you the most since there debut? Meaning which superstars, did you think wouldn't turn out to be anything that turned into something you would never expect.

I have to go with Wade Barrett. WHenever he debuted on NXT I never thought he would be leading a group like the Nexus and feuding with John Cena just months later after NXT ended. Sure I thought he might have NXT but I just figured he would get his title match and then be forgotten about. Boy, was I wrong. He has suprised me more than anyone else since his debut and I hope he continues on his path of destruction.

Axis

Reaction score
I thought Ted DiBiase would be good, but I was wrong. Barrett has solid heel heat, but he hasn't delivered in the ring in a way that I feel will allow him to be successful long-term. Hopefully continuing to work with Cena can change that.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I never thought Kane was going to stick around. When he debuted I figured he would just be another guy for Undertaker to beat and then leave but he's far surpassed all original expectations.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Barrett is the obvious answer, but I'm going to be a little different and say Alberto Del Rio. When Dos Caras first signed with the company I heard he was good, but not THIS good. The guy looked like a STAR his first week on Smackdown! and I can only hope they push him to the main event scene sometime within the next month.

I didn't project Del Rio to be this great, I thought he'd be a decent mid-carder at best but I guess that's what lack of knowledge does to you :laugh:

EDIT: Good lord, the smilies on this board suck now

McFly...

Reaction score
I would never of thought that the Goldust gimmick would still be around today.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I will have a tie in mine. Miz gets one half of my nod. When he first came on the scene, I laughed. Mike Mizanin from Road Rules???? Huh??? I just couldn't believe it. But he has steadily worked his way up. Capturing WWE Tag, United States, and WWE gold along with a Money In The Bank win. My other half of the nod goes to Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson. I think most ROH fans knew the guy would go far, but I didn't think he'd capture a US title so fast.

Kaedon

Reaction score
CAWdy Rhodes because, who would have thought he had a personality?

ThomC

Reaction score
I will have a tie in mine. Miz gets one half of my nod. When he first came on the scene, I laughed. Mike Mizanin from Road Rules???? Huh??? I just couldn't believe it. But he has steadily worked his way up. Capturing WWE Tag, United States, and WWE gold along with a Money In The Bank win.

This. When Miz was the "host" of SD and he would just yell hooray like a marine I never thought he would go on to do the things he's done so far, or the vast improvement we've seen from him. He could still use more work, but he's come a very long way in his short time in WWE.

Axis made a good choice with Ted Jr. I thought he was going to be a great up and comer, but from what we've seen so far the apple fell very far from the DiBiase tree with Ted Jr.

Reaction score
Someone else that should be mentioned is Drew Mcintyre. They hyped him up like he was going to be something great and he just turned out to be a regular mid carder. I figured he would at least have one world championship reign before now. He had the chosen one gimmick and I thought he was the second coming or something. I hope WWE starts building him up again. I loved his character like that.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Ughh... I had like 6 paragraphs written but the damn auto-log out fucked me up. So i'll give you the jist:

Who has suprised me since the debut? Many people come to mind, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, all good names but they've all been mentioned. One person who has really shocked me since first breaking into the WWE is Jack Swagger. When he first debuted I couldn't stand him, I thought his Angle Jr gimmick was annoying and was trying way to hard to be another Angle.

But, he grew on me, his feud with Christian was very entertaining, but I cant say I ever saw him as a potential world champion. You can say what you want about his title run, but I enjoyed it. His promos aren't anything epic, but his promos as champion got him a good amount of heat, despite the fact that since dropping the title he has really fallen off as far as heat goes, I think all he needs is one good program to get him back to that top heel on Smackdown status.

noumenon

Reaction score
Short answers...

Miz for all the obvious reasons.

Ted Dibiasi I thought would be awesome... and is utter shit.
Cody Rhodes... the opposite.

Wade Barrett; who knew the douche in the trenchcoat and rose would be able to lead the most successful heel stable in the company in years?

Montana

Reaction score
I have to go with the Miz as well. No one took him seriously from the start, and worked very hard the first 4 years of his career. He's had the mic skills since day 1, however over time he's gotten so much better in the ring, and even on the mic. I Would have never ever guessed he'd be champ.

Another one is Shaemus.....I really didnt think he had the "IT" factor...and i still don't, but he's been a credible champ. He's gone a HELL of a lot further than i thought he was capable of. I thought a solid mid card guy at best.