Who had the better NXT Women's Championship reign: Sasha Banks or Bayley?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Out of all five NXT Women's Champions, two stand out above the rest: Sasha Banks and Bayley. Banks had an amazing title reign. She had consistently good matches and had a number of matches with different styles. Bayley had an equally great title reign. She worked many different types of matches and she had to work with green wrestlers and carry them to good to even great matches.

As much as I am a Sasha mark, I'm going to have to go with Bayley on this one.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sasha without a question. But it comes down to the matter of environment and timing.

Sasha's reign was right during the peak of the four horsewomen. The environment she reigned in was much more competitive and high profile, which lead to bigger matches and it generally feeling bigger.

Bayley took over when the rest were called up. Sasha remained for a short while to do the job on the way out. But after that it cooled down tremendously until Asuka was put as challenger. Asuka was the obvious next champ, but she couldn't just be next after Sasha.

Kinda going overboard. But Bayley is very much Kawada in this situation. Kawada was one of classic All Japan's "four pillars of heaven", their absolute top stars and draws. Of these four Kawada was bottom of the pecking order and he only had short runs with the top title in the company. But he was the only one who remained during the NOAH exodus. And him finally winning the top belt for a dominant reign was a big thing, but also anticlimactic due to the environment he won it in.

Same can be said for Bayley