Who Do you think was the best Rookie in 2007??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
who do you think was the best rookie of 2007?? we have had many wrestler's debuting this year,but i have made alist of wrestler's keeping in mind of who is going to make the most impact in the medium to long-term, and not just who has been most successful in their rookie year.

this is the list:
1) JTG ( Cryme-time )
2) Shad Gaspard ( Cryme-time )
3) Domino
4) Brett Major
5) Brian Major
6) Deuce
7) Santino Marella
8) Cody Rhodes
9) MVP

But it should be noted that I have left off a few wrestlers for various reasons. Jesse (aka Terry Gordy), Festus (aka Fake Kane), DH Smith & Drew McIntyre have all been left off as they have only just debuted.

pick your choices people..

as fas as my pick is concerned,it goes to MVP ( in the matter of approximately 12 months, he has improved in every single area and that has to be a very positive sign. Has steadily improved his in-ring work & I get the feeling he still has a little more up his sleeve. Is often excellent on the mic & has shown a nice variety of techniques. He gets good heel heat, yet sometimes shows glimpses that he could successfully play a face when called upon to do so in the future. Has a good look about him & is actually taller than he appears.)

The Rated R CMStar

who do you think was the best rookie of 2007?? we have had many wrestler's debuting this year,but i have made alist of wrestler's keeping in mind of who is going to make the most impact in the medium to long-term, and not just who has been most successful in their rookie year.

this is the list:
1) JTG ( Cryme-time )
2) Shad Gaspard ( Cryme-time )
3) Domino
4) Brett Major
5) Brian Major
6) Deuce
7) Santino Marella
8) Cody Rhodes
9) MVP

But it should be noted that I have left off a few wrestlers for various reasons. Jesse (aka Terry Gordy), Festus (aka Fake Kane), DH Smith & Drew McIntyre have all been left off as they have only just debuted.

pick your choices people..

as fas as my pick is concerned,it goes to MVP ( in the matter of approximately 12 months, he has improved in every single area and that has to be a very positive sign. Has steadily improved his in-ring work & I get the feeling he still has a little more up his sleeve. Is often excellent on the mic & has shown a nice variety of techniques. He gets good heel heat, yet sometimes shows glimpses that he could successfully play a face when called upon to do so in the future. Has a good look about him & is actually taller than he appears.)

Ok, this is now enough. When you stole the Fact or Fictions it wasnt that bad, but now you stole an entire column. This wasnt written by him, he got it out of LordsofPain.net, hell, the only change he made is changing the increasing-decreasing order of the numbers. At least give credit to the one who actually write it or at least your source.

Here is the link to the column:
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/articles/1195627410.php

Montana

MVP debuted in 2006, so he doesnt count.

I'd go with Santino.

the dark knight

its sad that people these days know how to use the copy and paste functions.

The Rated R CMStar

Whats even sadder is that he didnt make up the mistake of the column of listing MVP as a 2007 rookie, he just let it pass. As for rookie of the year, I must say that as far as inmediate impact, Deuce and Domino.

Cody is great and has a great future, but he really havent done anything impactful, stand up to Orton to then job twice to him, and anything with Bob Holly isnt remarkable. And Santino would be then choice, but I cannot do anything but to feel bad for the guy, he is nothing but a jobber, funny as hell, but a jobber.

C4

Cody Rhodes has no future, the guy doesn't have the "Superstar" look and isn't that good looking, he can't speak so good on the mic, dusty-orton feud when he tried to cut a good promo! So, I don't think he is gonna make it that far because I don't see anything extraordinary in him.

As for the topic, heck yeah The Rookie of the year is Santino Marella the guy is just "gold" he has really made an impact inside the ring over the last few weeks and his "heel" with the whole Stone Cold and his Movie Storyline it was just Amazing, he managed his heel character so well. And his in-ring skills have also improved alot over the last few weeks, that man has a great future in the WWE and like him or not, he is Santino Marella.

phantomgerald

Santino is a great great heel, but the tattoos and the gimmick just don't go along well. I would imagine he be better in a mafia gimmick.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
Santino sucks and Cryme Tyme doesn't deserve to be up there. Besides they came in during 06. I agree with everyone else on your list though, mania.

circle

Reaction score
I know MVP was in 06, but he didn't have a full year.

I think MVP is awesome and is deserving of the rookie of the year

The Rated R CMStar

He debuted in No Mercy, so is a pretty quantity of the year. And Crime Tyme also debuted in 2006, so they also don't count

Famou$ 187

I'd say Santino. Becuase he already had some great feuds with some major people.

Travis40

Santino...he's funny as hell, he's already had some great fueds and all they need to do with him is get his ass away from Maria because she's mine lol. But yeah, they need to get them seperated because...they just don't look like a good couple...how long are they going to go until they have Maria find out that he's heel?