Money in the Bank Who do you hope gets The MITB Contract this year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Who do you hope wins the MITB Contract?

It's that time of the year guys... The MITB is on the line.

They are still trying to figure out the rest of the contenders but there's a handful already

So far it's....

Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big E vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro or Seth Rollins vs. King Nakamura or Baron Corbin

There's a lot of good contenders this year we should be in for a wild ride.

Who do you hope wins?....

Redboy123@

Reaction score
From a storyline perspective it has to be Seth rollins. Obviously Rollins is a main event guy already so will not devalue the briefcase and will guarantee a successful cash in. But what makes Seth winning it so interesting is his relationship with Roman Reigns. Will the two heels collude with each other negotiating that Seth will cash in on the WWE title instead of Roman's universal title? Will Seth blackstab Roman and cash in on him for the 2nd time? Heist of the century 2.0 please. Its amazing how history and narratives can be repeated in wrestling.

However Cesaro is also a strong option as the fanbase will be massively behind Cesaro winning his first world title. The pop alone for Cesaro cashing in is worth it.

Big E would also be a very strong option as this will give him that much needed push to catapult him to the main event. If Kofi wins the wwe title it could lead to a huge heel turn that would generate huge heat.

Kevin Owens is a great wrestler and I would love to see him win this but I just think that it is unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised if Sami Zayn costs Owens the match leading to a final battle at Summerslam.

Nakamura or Corbin? Doesnt matter both aren't winning the briefcase. Hopefully Nakamura wins their match on Smackdown though otherwise fuck you wwe.

Over on the Raw side, I dont see any of them as viable candidates. They are either not championship material or in the case of Matt Riddle is already in a great storyline.

Oh wait I forgot about Drew McIntyre... the emotion of this ladder match will be on the shoulders of Drew. It is Drew's only chance at regaining his wwe championship. He is going to go to battle with 7 other men so that he can get revenge on Lashley...but ultimately he will fail.

Realistically the only 3 participants that have no chance at winning is Morrison, Ricochet and Nakamura/Corbin. That's really good going.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Seth Rollins seems to be the most interesting one but at the same time Drew is also.

A while ago Triple H said he wants Drew and Roman to be " Next Stone Cold and Rock".

What I got out of that is they wanted them to be on the same show and have constant Classic Matches & Rivalries.

Now I am thinking what if Drew wins the MITB and go to Smackdown and Challenge Roman.

Basically They reignite there rivalry from Survivor Series and we see where they go from there....

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Seth Rollins seems to be the most interesting one but at the same time Drew is also.

A while ago Triple H said he wants Drew and Roman to be " Next Stone Cold and Rock".

What I got out of that is they wanted them to be on the same show and have constant Classic Matches & Rivalries.

Now I am thinking what if Drew wins the MITB and go to Smackdown and Challenge Roman.

Basically They reignite there rivalry from Survivor Series and we see where they go from there....
Drew Mclntyre is kind of like John Cena winning it. As soon as he moves over to Smackdown he is automatically the number 1 contender to Roman's titlebecause he is Drew McIntyre so I don't think he needs it. Only reason he has an interest in MITB is because he lost the stipulation at HIAC.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Drew Mclntyre is kind of like John Cena winning it. As soon as he moves over to Smackdown he is automatically the number 1 contender to Roman's titlebecause he is Drew McIntyre so I don't think he needs it. Only reason he has an interest in MITB is because he lost the stipulation at HIAC.

I have to say Drew situation is little different from Cena's.....

Some people want to see John Cena get 17 World Titles or more and beat Flair's record. It's more to it than because the fact that he's John Cena....

I get what you said, but I believe there's more to it than that.

Plus he really doesn't need to face Lashley again, due to the fact he's lost 3 times to him including the one with Braun Strowman.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Drew (just to get it over with, too)

Seth or Sami. I would love to see Sami steal the universal title from Roman or edge

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Drew (just to get it over with, too)

Seth or Sami. I would love to see Sami steal the universal title from Roman or edge

If only Sami was in the match, there would be a chance of that happening.

Some people are starting to say "Sami should definitely be in the World Title scene by now".

But with with the ways things are going I don't see it happening anytime soon...

But I could be wrong

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I have to say Drew situation is little different from Cena's.....

Some people want to see John Cena get 17 World Titles or more and beat Flair's record. It's more to it than because the fact that he's John Cena....

I get what you said, but I believe there's more to it than that.

Plus he really doesn't need to face Lashley again, due to the fact he's lost 3 times to him including the one with Braun Strowman.
Main point I'm making is that Drew doesn't need a briefcase to get a title shot

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Hope: Cesaro, Big E or KO

Who it's probably gonna be: Drew McIntyre
Big E is one of my choices along with John Morrison and King Nakamura

It's about time one of these three get something...

Reactions: Crash

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
How awesome would it be if we opened the show with the MITB Contract, with Big E winning...

Then later in the night, Kofi and Lashley are fighting, there's a dirty finish and Xavier runs out to keep MVP from cheating, Kofi fights uphill but Lashley's big and strong and plants him with a Dominator for the W (or maybe when Kofi's circling around for the TiP, Lashley grabs him from behind for the Lock, because WWE gonna WWE), Lashley retains and Xavier attacks him, Lashley's fighting back and Big E runs out and attacks him to protect his buddies...then cashes in and beats Lashley?

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
We are 8 days away guys....

What I am hoping somebody deserving wins MITB like Nakamura, John Morrison, or Big E

Truly I hope Lashley keeps the title so hopefully they will set up Lashley vs Lesnar...

Last edited:

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Who do you hope wins the MITB Contract?

It's that time of the year guys... The MITB is on the line.

They are still trying to figure out the rest of the contenders but there's a handful already

So far it's....

Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big E vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro or Seth Rollins vs. King Nakamura or Baron Corbin

There's a lot of good contenders this year we should be in for a wild ride.

Who do you hope wins?....
I've not watched in a long time so I'm just gonna blindly put out a Guess and Say it'll either be Morrison or Rollins.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I've not watched in a long time so I'm just gonna blindly put out a Guess and Say it'll either be Morrison or Rollins.
That's okay I've haven't watched wrestling in a while but for some reason I still watch PPVs and Anticipate the PPVs from time to time

Reactions: Vampire Quinn