Who Deserves To Win The Big One That Hasn't?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
A simple question really.

Who do you think deserves to win the Big One (major championship) of their respective brand that hasn't won it before?

For me, it's Jeff Hardy. Jeff started out in a tag team which slowly became one of the best tag teams ever, innovating the ladder match along with his brother. Eventually they broke apart and Jeff has gone on to have a great singles career. His first shot at the Undisputed Title against the Undertaker was one of his best singles matches. He left, went to TNA. Got clean. Cameback and continued his successful singles career. Now he's back with Matt and they are tag champs. I think he is the break out star of the tag team and deserves a chance to move on up and finally win the big one.

kingetg3

Reaction score
i think jeff has a good fan base he dosent even need the belt that isnt him but it would be cool and diff to see him with it

phantomgerald

Not Jeff Hardy. He have so far in his many years in professional wrestling proven that he has any mic skills at all. It's a problem that have plagued the Hardy brothers for years, but Matt is stepping out of it now with the feud against MVP. Jeff needs a feud like the one Matt is having now before he will ever even be considered for the title.

Right now, I think the only one I can think of is Elijah Burke. He was the number one heel before Morrison came, and then when Morrison came he lost his chance, and now he's a stand-in the title race before Burke returns. He's already proven his credentials and it should be a matter of time before he moves to Raw.

Dairydude

Reaction score
I think William Regal could do with the title at least once.
He's been around since the dawn of time, he is sound in the ring with a very different style to the norm, and he can work the mic.

Smackdown-wise I'm looking towards Kenny Dykstra.
Not right now, but in a few years i think he could be a top heel working the "I look better than you, I'm younger than you, and I'm more successful than you" angle.

As for ECW, it's all about Matt Striker.
The guy's awesome, plain as

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Gotta agree with you on Regal. I like his style and he's from England :D He could be the perfect heel as champ and he can work the mic (UMANGA!)

thedeadite

Reaction score
It's a travesty that Regal has never been champ. Though is it McMahon that's kept him out of it, or the average fans?

Montana

I think off the top of my head Matt Hardy would have to be #1 on that list. Followed by Jeff hardy, Kennedy, Umaga, MVP, Carlito. Those are the only guys i'd consider as "deserving" of the title, and really the last 5 guys can't argue much about not having the title, except maybe the hardies.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
During E&C, you wouldn't think of Edge as WWE Champ (probably cos it was WWF :p lol) because he was top mid-carder (oh and Christian) but the same could happen with Matt and Jeff and hope it happens sooner rather than later (or is that wise? :g:)

imported_Loki

Reaction score
off the top of my head i know of 3 people that need to see championship gold
Shelton benjamin (even though i dont like him), carlito and Umaga.... wait they are all raw guys

Ok then on to smackdown.... 4 letters..... kane

ECW boogie man

and last but not least tna

.... what the hell.... shark boy!

Reaction score
^^^lol @ Sharkboy.......but The Hardy's are definetly at the top of the list for this Kane has already won the title.....and just for the years he has given the company.....Mark Henry

Kaedon

Reaction score
Shelton Benjamin cant get over a speed bump
Carlito is lazy and not anywhere near ready
Mark Henry is fat and is not scary in the least
William Regal cant promo as well as the upper tier guys
Umaga hasn't really been around long enough and has been jobbed out in his latter period.
MVP has been around for one year, give me a break. The crowd doesn't hate him that much.
Kennedy is also unproven. He's not ready yet.

Now for my picks

Kane
Matt Hardy
Kane
Kane
Kane
Kane
Kane
did I mention Kane?

Kristopher

Reaction score
To me I think Orton deserves that title. But I know he will. Its obvious at No Mercy. But anyway, heres my list:

Orton
Kane
Shelton
Rey
The Undertaker
Edge(When he returns)
HBK(When he returns)

And thats all the Superstars that I think are championship material.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Miiissstttterrrrrr Keeennnnneddyyy.....Kennedy!
Matt Hardy
Finlay
MVP(later on a year or so up the road.)
Marcus Cor Von when he comes back
Elijah Burke
Santino Marella(Year or two later on)
and a.............Chuck Palumbo?