Who are the most talentless wrestlers to get pushed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I assume we're talking about in-ring skills, otherwise some of these names wouldn't be listed. But I'm going with people who also might just be missing one or more of the important fundamentals to get over (look, aura, charisma, etc.), yet still got a push anyway. Going by ring work alone, I'd be sitting here listing names all day (Hogan, Andre, Yokozuna, Nash, Goldberg, Warrior, etc.)

I'll also go with The Great Khali. He was seen as a special attraction overseas in India or wherever, but otherwise, I don't think anyone truly cared about him, not enough to get a feud with Cena, Undertaker, Batista and a WHC win. I somewhat get why he was given the WHC since he served as a big guy for Batista to come in and destroy to get the gold back, but still. He's like a modern day version of Giant Gonzales, only Khali stuck around longer even than the previous incarnation did. Speaking of who, put the Giant Gonzales up as well. But at least he didn't stick around too long (though JR and others said he was a underachiever on one of the Legends Of Wrestling episodes.) These guys lack the same Big Man Aura that guys like Andre had, probably because they both look like overly tall Neanderthals that crawled out from the cave man days or something.

Jack Swagger I'd name as well. He probably fits the bill as far as Least Over Wrestler To Get A Push because most have never seemed to care about him and he won the WHC in 2010 and was just recently pushed back to a WHC match at Wrestlemania. Something tells me JR's influence helped him get a push since JR has always loved the guy. Not bad ring work-wise, but not particularly spectacular and as much of a charisma vacuum as a person could be.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It's not just about in ring skills. It's all around wrestling talent. As for your list of guys without in ring talent, Andre was the man earlier in his career (pre-Wrestlemania years). Hogan had fine wrestling skills all things considered, Vince just put the training wheels on and refused to let him venture away from his match script. Yokozuna was boring and had no stamina but he wasn't a complete sloth for having the incredible look he had. Nash, Goldberg and Warrior all had charisma and presence to make up for a lack of technical wrestling ability.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Swagger has no talent Kevin? Huh? The guy is a great wrestler. Also, rewatch his reign in 2010, the guy was a heat magnet. Whether it was for the wrong reasons or not (fucksucking on the mic for instance) he was a really over heel.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Warrior was too entertaining to be considered talentless (even though he had some awful matches) And Jack Swagger is one hell of a wrestler in the ring but lacks promo abilities, but as we are finding out now, he gets significantly more credibility with zeb as his mouthpiece.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's not just about in ring skills. It's all around wrestling talent. As for your list of guys without in ring talent, Andre was the man earlier in his career (pre-Wrestlemania years). Hogan had fine wrestling skills all things considered, Vince just put the training wheels on and refused to let him venture away from his match script. Yokozuna was boring and had no stamina but he wasn't a complete sloth for having the incredible look he had. Nash, Goldberg and Warrior all had charisma and presence to make up for a lack of technical wrestling ability.

In that case, I wouldn't agree with Luger being listed. Sure, his mic skills were probably on the level of a Bret Hart, but he had the look and was quite mobile in the ring for someone his size. Plus, he had a pretty cool finisher in both companies - the running forearm in WWF (same finisher Hogan used in New Japan - wonder if that was done purposefully since Luger's character's push copied Hogan in a couple of ways) and the torture rack in NWA/WCW. He was a choker in WWF but that's possibly more the fault of the booking (not having him win the title at Summerslam '93) than Luger. He was a huge baby face for a time in WCW. I always liked him and thought he should have ended up being more in either or both companies.

Swagger has no talent Kevin? Huh? The guy is a great wrestler. Also, rewatch his reign in 2010, the guy was a heat magnet. Whether it was for the wrong reasons or not (fucksucking on the mic for instance) he was a really over heel.

I said myself he wasn't bad in the ring but he's boring and bland otherwise. Ring skills aren't enough to get me to like you when you have little to nothing else unless you're just absolutely amazing between the ropes, and like I said, he isn't. I used to say the same about Del Rio (and probably still would) and people's defense was the exact same, yet funny how most here thought their match with each other at ER sucked.

I don't remember Swagger being a heat magnet at all in 2010. I remember reports saying that WWE didn't think he got as over as they intended him to with the title win, which is why his reign was cut short.

I'd also like to name one other guy - Mabel, or should I say King Mabel. He was large and fat and never had a good match except against Benoit on Raw years later when he was Viscera. Might have had a decent couple of hardcore matches when the hardcore division was around. Otherwise, he sucked, yet won the 1995 KOTR and got a world title match with Diesel and was highlighted in a few more spots at some of the very first In Your House events.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You read dirtsheet reports by Meltzer and take them as facts, and don't actually go and watch clips of him getting insane heat? That logic has 50 different angles of wrong.

Also, this thread is about talentless wrestlers. You said he's decent in the ring, so that's a talent.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
In that case, I wouldn't agree with Luger being listed. Sure, his mic skills were probably on the level of a Bret Hart, but he had the look and was quite mobile in the ring for someone his size. Plus, he had a pretty cool finisher in both companies - the running forearm in WWF (same finisher Hogan used in New Japan - wonder if that was done purposefully since Luger's character's push copied Hogan in a couple of ways) and the torture rack in NWA/WCW. He was a choker in WWF but that's possibly more the fault of the booking (not having him win the title at Summerslam '93) than Luger. He was a huge baby face for a time in WCW. I always liked him and thought he should have ended up being more in either or both companies.

We will have to agree to disagree on 'The Total Package' as he was ironically named. I see nothing talented about the hack. Unless you count peck popping. His in ring ability was virtually non existent. He literally was the reason I started to doubt pro wrestling's authenticity as a kid. I was 5/6 watching WCW and seeing his terrible matches made me realize it was scripted. He can take moves as simple as a clothesline and make it look pathetic. His mic skills on Bret Hart's level? I'm not even a big Hart fan and I find that insulting. Luger was a fucking hack on the mic. His mic skills made his non existent ring skills look superb. Luger is the most overpushed wrestler in history.

Mabel is a good shout though. Almost posted him in my original post.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
You read dirtsheet reports by Meltzer and take them as facts, and don't actually go and watch clips of him getting insane heat? That logic has 50 different angles of wrong.

I don't take anything Meltzer (or anyone else) says as fact. I don't even remember who reported it, but it seemed to jive with what I remember seeing at the time because he was maybe getting average heat at best as I recall and when you combine that with the lack of heat he gets now, he doesn't seem over enough for me to want to see world champion.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Miz and David Arquette, although Arquette has more charisma is his ball sack than Miz does on his entire body :jeritroll:

TheBadGuy

Jobber
Reaction score
Cena lacks in-ring/technical skills but he makes it up on his promo/mic skills & charisma with the kids, I remember Shelton Benjamin when he was pushed around the time of Evolution when Shelton was drafted to Raw, he had a feud with Triple H or I think Randy. Then they made him into the Gold Standard yet the fans still didn't care about him. So yeah Shelton is a good wrestler but he simply lacks charisma.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'm sorry but I don't see how Jeff Hardy is talentless.

He's carried by his opponent in almost all of his matches,he overdoes spots which takes away from the matches,and, most of his promos are lackluster and generic. In my opinion he's quite talentless.

Reactions: Rysenberg

TheBadGuy

Jobber
Reaction score
Ryback has decent charisma but is completely talentless. Just another Vince McMahon love for Big Muscular Guys.