White Speaks On A Silva/GSP Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Well i checked out monkeys link and i also read green goblin's wiki file and it said that Norman Osbourn was going to make a return and revealed not dead . .

"It was revealed much later that Norman Osborn was still alive and had been manipulating the events of the Clone Saga behind the scenes. For a while, a genetic construct that had once been a human being acted as the fifth Green Goblin following Norman's orders, so that he would not be suspected (despite having admitted in public that he was Norman Osborn, and while wearing the costume). He also bought the Daily Bugle so that he could control and edit out any bad publicity, such as the frequent editorials by Ben Urich. During a period when Norman was driven mad (when a mystic ceremony that he participated in went wrong), the genetic construct sought out Osborn's original formula to stabilize itself and discover who it truly was. But it was too late, and in front of Spider-Man's eyes, it melted into a puddle of goo and died. (The construct was originally intended by Glenn Greenberg to reveal the stand-in Goblin to be Phil Urich as revenge by Norman for using the gear in the first place but was subsequently vetoed by then Editor-in-Chief, Bob Harras."

Maybe they could have that for Spider-Man 4 , I doubt it though cause at the end of SPider-Man 1 they showed Harry's ather being buried . .

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The problem with that whole thing is there are so many different "worlds" for comic books that attempting to keep continuity is just brutal.

It would be like the x-men franchise all of a sudden trying to do the Age of Apocalypse series. People would sit down in the theater and be like "what the fuck is going on here?" because it has no real continuity with the movies.

That being said I just recalled an old spiderman storyline I'd lik eto see done at some point.

Spidey vs the Punisher

Wrestling Station

errm i think Batista's gimmick in Smallville episode.

I forgot the name but was a real kickass.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Monkey, you just gave me an idea. What if they did a "Punisher Kills The marvel universe Movie." That would totally rock to see Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, Spiderman get their shit handed to them.

xtremebadass

I didn't really see an opening for SM4, i would settle with just the three it was so well done!

Nation

Well, considering Carnage's character, I don't think he would be a good choice to be in the Spiderman movies. Carnage is supposed to be a violent, monstrous, murderer. They really can't depict that all too well in PG-13 movies. To tell you the honest truth, I would love to see a spin-off movie where Venom fights Carnage but the movie would have to be rated R at least.

You do know that Carnage was in Fox's Spiderman series? So if Carnage was featured on Fox Kids i think he could be in Spiderman 4.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You do know that Carnage was in Fox's Spiderman series? So if Carnage was featured on Fox Kids i think he could be in Spiderman 4.

Yeah but, Cletus Kassidy was portrayed as a hyena like laughing buffoon. Carnage is a violent serial killer, and they more or less completely glossed over that in the Spiderman cartoon series.

If they're ever going to do Carnage I want to see them stay true to how sick and twisted the character is, and for that reason, I imagine that he'll never be done terribly well.

Monkey, you just gave me an idea. What if they did a "Punisher Kills The marvel universe Movie." That would totally rock to see Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, Spiderman get their shit handed to them.

I would ove that, and its actually happened in one of Marvel's "what if" comic books.

I have this one, its old, and I dunno if its worth anything or not, but its called "What if Wolverine was Lord of teh Vampires?"

Basically the x-men are fighting Dracula at the start of the book, and Drac puts the bite on wolverine chaning him into a vampire, but Wolvie kills Dracula and becomes the lord of the vampires and starts turning all the other marvel heros and villians into vampires.

The Punisher finds out what's going on, equpis himself and goes hunting. Really amusing, funny book.

Truth

Reaction score
Rhino, Scorpion and Carnage are my favorites along with Sandman, so I would like to see some hardcore fighting in the fourth to make up for how bad the 3rd one was (fight scenes were pretty good tho). I would like to see Rhino, Scorpion and Carnage in it with Carnage the ultimate villain, Rhino fighting everyone, and Scorpion in one beast fight scene with Spiderman.

Nation

Sense people are suggesting cross over villains/heroes i would only like to see X-Men cross over if i had to choose.

Here is every episode of Fox's and MTV's Spiderman
http://www.dailymotion.com/jr123456

Just search through his videos he has every episode.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I love the comic book cross overs, and I would love to see them done, but I really doubt it because it'll b ehard getting say the guys from x-men to do a spiderman movie, and then another x-men flick the year after or what have you.

I honestly think the ideal way to go here is for Marvel to partner up with a major broadcasting network and create a long couple of long running tv novellas. More or less the same quality, but also probably a bit cheaper and easier to do.

Nation

Surprised no one mentioned this guy
chameleon.jpg

Kevin Idol

Reaction score
I would love to see Venom AND Carnage in the next one and not have Spiderman win in the end, but have him get his asskicked. With maybe Carnage or Venom dying. That would be great for me.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Before Anderson Silva (29-4 MMA, 14-0 UFC) earned a UFC 134 victory, UFC president Dana White mentioned Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) as a possible future opponent.

And following Silva's destruction of Yushin Okami in his record ninth straight title defense, White isn't changing his tune.

White said challenges remain for Silva at middleweight, but he said the time is approaching for a cross-division super fight between the UFC's two longest-reigning titleholders.

"I think there's a couple of other fights out there for him at 185," White said of Silva, who headlined Saturday's sold-out UFC 134 event at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena. "It's very clear, No. 1, that the fans want to see this fight. And Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva are both getting into a position here pretty soon – first of all, they both only want big fights. But they're getting into a position here where that fight's going to make sense."

Silva hasn't lost a fight in nearly six years, and he avenged that defeat (which came via disqualification at an early-2006 Rumble on the Rock show) with Saturday's win over Okami. He's now won a UFC record 14 straight fights, defeated every one of the division's top contenders, and even has been successful in his two fights at light heavyweight.

Aside from a scheduled UFC 136 bout between Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann, there also appears to be little on the horizon for Silva. Stann could provide a marketable matchup, especially in the U.S., and Sonnen is the lone UFC fighter to put the champ in serious trouble (before Silva rallied for a come-from-behind fifth-round submission victory at UFC 117.)

But while Silva has been on a different level that most middleweights, don't assume it's because the division is weak.

"People will say, 'Oh, he needs to be challenged,'" White said. "The 185-pound division has a ton of great fighters. The reality is that this guy is so good, he makes it look like it's not."

In addition St-Pierre, who looks for his seventh straight title defense when he meets Nick Diaz at UFC 137, White has mentioned the possibility of Silva fighting light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC), who puts his belt on the line against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson next month at UFC 135.

As he told www.mmajunkie.com, Silva simply wants big fights.

And "those are a couple that would mean something," he said.

A Silva vs. St-Pierre fight, of course, be one of the biggest events in UFC history. In fact, with the UFC planning a 100,000-seat show at the Convention Center of Manaus (one of many "sambadromes" located throughout Brazil), it could be part of the UFC's next stadium show if the stars align.

"It would be very good business, yes," White said. "I honestly believe that there are a couple more fights for Anderson and Georges. And if they both win, honestly I don't know if there's a stadium big enough to hold that fight."

If this fight were to happen, my life would be set.