White Boots and Other Observations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Is it possible to not look at a wrestler seriously with white boots? Stay with me, I'm not trying to be too silly.

Robert Roode has a great gimmick now like Ted DiBiase. I can't help but notice his big white boots. They don't look right. He should have some darker color with an ominous design to match his gimmick. Remember how dorky HHH looked with his little white boots? Yeah, it's like that.

Is Samoa Joe's physique in question, even in TNA? Is that why he isn't champion? We know WWE has a problem with that. That's why Batista sucks moose cock and still main events ppv's for a year.

The Rated R CMStar

Oh yeah, you know that even though a character is great, it all gets screwed by his outfit. LMAO

Reaction score
I knew this would happen. These are my observations and was wondering if anyone might have thought about this. You just answered with a resounding no.

PeepShow

LOL, I dont really consider it a big factor at all imo. I actually like Trips in the white boots some of the time. It shakes things up and give you a new feel as a spectator.

As far as Joe's physique, no comment. :shifty:

gashface

Reaction score
What some people don't understand is that joes physique is pretty natural, if you look at old wrestlers none of them have perfect figures because they're not all roided up to hell, sure he's got some excess weight but I'd bet anything that his punches hurt because he's packing muscle behind it.

Peepshow we all know what you think about Joe.

Is tna not pushing joe because of his physique? Absoloutely not. There are much better reasons, such as waiting for the right time and the fact they feel the need to push other people first.

chessarmy

^ yea, at least you finally saw the light and admitted Joe deserves the World Title...

as for the white boots, I think Trips looked cool in them. Obviously a wrestler has to have the right attire for him to be taken seriously, but whether his boots are white or not isnt really a big factor imo

PeepShow

Yeah, but nobody else dare wear white boots when Trips does, or HBK will come after you >_>

Switchy

Reaction score
I think the white boots suit Roode, I think he'd have to change his attire completely because I can't see him wearing black boots in his current attire. As for Joe yes, he is fat and he wears a nappy (or diaper as you Americans call it) to the ring but could you see him in any other ring attire, he wouldn't look right with anything else when I'm trying to picture it in my head but he doesn't really look right with what he got as it is...

addo

Reaction score
it dont matter that joe is fat because he still does some of the best moves in the ring and can last for long matches, so he is not exactly unhealthy or anything. Plus it gives Joe a unique look because there are not many fat wrestlers who can moves like joe does

Kaedon

Reaction score
I dont see why white boots detract from his character. So the answer is yes, you can take them seriously.

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
Haha I liked that post C-Edge!

Yeah I agree the white boots should definately be saved for jobbers.

As for Joe, I think losing the man-boobs would help make him more marketable, but he got the rest of the package.
A rock hard body isn't always attainable for everyone either. At least not without the help of drugs.

And I don't think anyone is going to accuse Joe of juicin' anytime soon.

Personally though, I think having him go from being unbeatable for so long, to being pinned several times within minutes by Angle did more damage to Joe's character than anything else.

Joe being undefeated was cool. In my book anyways.