Which Superstars Could Headline Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler.
The Miz.
Sheamus.
Wade Barrett.
Alberto Del Rio.
Cody Rhodes.
Justin Gabriel.

Out of the names listed above, who could you see headlining Wrestlemania? Personally, I believe that all of them could. I can see every single one of those names in a main event situation, if WWE keeps them strong and uses their strong points. When asking this question, I'm, of course, not referring to them headlining next years Wrestlemania, but if WWE were to build up any of these talent, make them look strong, who do you think has the potential to headline?

I see Barrett, Sheamus, Rhodes and Ziggler as the next main eventers, once HHH and Undertaker have fully retired and WWE wants to push someone else up there. WWE really has a lack of depth, and it's annoying to see the same 5 guys on top. WWE has an issue with the same stars wrestling, and the scene is always the same and it gets boring, so less people buy the PPVs. By elevating some more talent, it gives the scene a fresher feel.

As or Miz and Del Rio, you could make a point that they're already main eventers, and Miz has actually been in the main event, but I don't see Miz as a legit Main eventer, and Del Rio is being portrayed as a chicken shit heel, who is running off after Cena. With the proper build up, could Miz and Del Rio headline the grandest stage of them all?

If I had to pick one, I would pick Sheamus. I've been a massive fan of this guy, and he had a humongous first year. Recently, his push has picked up and he's now turned Face, and people are definitely getting behind him. I think Miz and Ziggler are close seconds, with Del Rio coming in third. I think Cody and Justin need some more time in the ring, and need the fans to get used to them. They're both great talents, but they're not ready yet.

Thoughts?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Well, Miz already has.

I could see all of those names minus Gabriel in the main event if the WWE decides to actually push them correctly. It's a big if though. ADR I would say has the best shot out of those right now followed by Sheamus and possibly Ziggler.

Reaction score
Well, Miz already has.

I could see all of those names minus Gabriel in the main event if the WWE decides to actually push them correctly. It's a big if though. ADR I would say has the best shot out of those right now followed by Sheamus and possibly Ziggler.

Miz has been in the main event, but he played third fiddle to The Rock and John Cena, so he wasn't actually the headline going into Mania; Rock v Cena was the headline.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Miz has been in the main event, but he played third fiddle to The Rock and John Cena, so he wasn't actually the headline going into Mania; Rock v Cena was the headline.

You're attempting to split hairs and are being idiotic about it.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Miz won the main event and retained the title against the biggest thing in the company in the last 10 years. If that isn't headlining, idk what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.