Which PPV's Would You Do Away With?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
With the horrible, and I mean horrible, build-up for The Bash in two weeks, my thought that WWE is completely over-using wasteful and pointless Pay-Per-Views is being exacerbated. PPV's used to be blockbuster events, where insanely tense feuds would culminate, celebrities would spontaneously appear, and interest was through the roof. So it got me thinking, which PPV's to keep, and which to do without. Anyway, here would be my ideal PPV schedlue for the WWE.

Royal Rumble - late January
WrestleMania - late March/early April
Backlash - early June
Great American Bash - late July
SummerSlam - late August
Night of Champions - late September
Survivor Series - late November
WWE Starrcade - late December

My theory of WWE bringing back Starrcade would undoubtedly lead to WWE screwing up a once phenomenal show, but regardless, I think these 8 PPV's are the only ones worth putting on. Crap like No Way Out, Unforgiven, No Mercy, Cyber Sunday, Judgment Day... what's the point?

MikeRaw

I would get rid of pretty much all the old Smackdown PPVs. They served a purpose once, when there were seperate PPVs for the brands. But now, the PPVs feature all the brands, so there's absolutely no need for one PPV every 3weeks.
Ideal schedule:

Royal Rumble: Late January- Obviously this has to be included
No Way Out: Mid February- I think it's an important PPV, to build to WM, especially now with the Elimination Chamber gimmick.
Wrestlemania: Early April- Oh, really?
Backlash: Mid May- Needed to finish off the WM feuds
Night of Champions: Mid June- I think they've got something good with this. I like the all championships on the line thing. I could see this being a big PPV eventually
Extreme Rules: Late July- Meh...
Summerslam: Late August- Big Four.
Unforgiven: Early October- Make it a submission PPV (for the main events)
Survivor Series: Late November- Big Four.
Armaggeddon: Mid December

That's 10 in 12 months. Much better than the 16 or whatever WWE has now. It'd lead to better storylines.

chessarmy

^ Mikeraw pretty much as the perfect schedule. I'm still 100% against the idea of having EVERY fucking PPV a 3 brand show. The thing that was special about the big 4 PPVs was that all 3 brands were a part of it, with every PPV like that it takes away that feeling. Not only that, but WWE obviously wants to have shitloads of PPVs and the only logical way of doing that is by having some of them exclusive to RAW and others to Smackdown!/ECW (just make them one for PPVs since we all know what happened at December to Dismember). With the current format, WWE has to scramble to build up PPVs that are coming up in two weeks while simultaniously trying to book huge matches on TV to gain ratings, it just doesn't work

Wrestling Station

In summary, I would say all of them except Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series. Make them 4 PPVs (Big four) is more than enough for my own taste.

Royal Rumble: Late January
Wrestlemania: Early May
Summerslam: Early Aug
Survivor Series: Late Nov