Which is better for NBA and NHL games: EA Sports or 2K sports

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

With Christmas like less than 2 weeks away, I've been wanting an NBA and an NHL game for my 360. I have NBA Live 2008 and I thought it was good... and I played the NHL 09 and NHL 2009 by demos. I was wondering which game is better:

NBA LIVE 2009 or NBA 2K9

and

NHL 2009 or NHL 09

Your thoughts?

Dre

Reaction score
It depends, if your looking for something with the best graphics, then I suggest getting NBA Live 2009. But if your looking for something with the best realistic gameplay, then I suggest getting NBA 2K9.

As far as the NHL games, I can't help you with that one lol.

MikeRaw

NBA 2k9 is better than the ea version.

For NHL, definataly EA. I'm playing it right now. It' sos much better than 2k.

Hometown Kid

The EA wins on hockey by far.

As far as basketball I thought the "be a player mode" or whatever on Live was more fun than anything on 2K, but 2K is a better game overall imo. :D

Hometown Kid

Those are the 2 i'd pick. But on basketball They're both kinda even so it might come down to personal preference and how much you like shooting with the stick. NBA 2K9 wins and NHL 09 yes. Hope it helps you man. :y:

Wordlife

I'm not really a fan of shooting the basketball with the stick to be honest... im more of a one button guy for that. As far as hockey goes, I go either way (button or stick) it doesnt matter

Hometown Kid

Yeah then Live is probably the way to go then 2K9 has the stick system in place, although you can shoot with 1 button too if you set it as such.

Dre

Reaction score
In 2K9, you can use the square button (or X button for the 360) to shoot also. The stick is for the fancy shooting and dunks.

Soulpower

NBA 2K9 if you're a hardcore basketball fan/gamer. If you're looking for more of an arcade game (IE:Games that ends with scores in the 140 range), then go for Live.

circle

Reaction score
I pick nba 2k9 for the overall basketball simulation. NBA live still has a ways to go to best the 2k in basketball.

NHL 09 is clearly superior over NHL 2k9. The 2k's haven't changed much in their games...while NHL 09 flows a lot better in hockey