Which championship reign ended the soonest?

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

On Raw, CM Punk became the WHC. He started his reign as the underdog battling the ones of JBL and Batista, and still keeping the belt, making it seem that maybe WWE did want to make Punk their top guy. If you go back and see Summerslam, and the way that EVERYTHING put CM Punk as champion, from the hype video to the commentary to the clean clean ending, you would say he was destined to be champion for a long time.

However, 3 weeks later, without even defending his belt, he lost the championship.

But...it doesn't matter! It's Chris Freaking Jericho as champion again! Last time he was just a transitional champion. Oh, and look, his reign is starting with a Steel Cage and with an announced Ladder Match against HBK.

Y2J got on fire. People actually put him again on the same league as Orton and Edge...and, he loses in his first real feud as champion against Batista.

So which reign endest the sooners, which reign deserved to go longer, CM Punk's, or Y2J's?

Rated R Stud

Reaction score
they Both deserved longer reins, but i'll go with Jericho, as it was his first World Championship in 6 YEARS. Cm Punk will have it again, I doubt Jericho will.

Moonlight Drive

Chris Jericho for sure.

Jericho has worked his arse off for a lot longer than Punk, and was with WWE for years. And to only give the guy, who in my honest opinion is one of the best in the ring and on the mic ever, ANOTHER transitonal reign is flatout bullshit.

Enigma22

Reaction score
honestly i liked the funny, cocky heel jericho once was a lot better then what he is now but he was really looking like a main eventer which is something he hasnt been for a long ass time and i wish he would have kept the belt a little longer. i dont think they had much for him to do tho and they wanted to keep batista happy...

SnackZ

Reaction score
I honestly don't even understand why the E would take the title from Jericho, especially with a pretty clean victory by Batista. I mean, Punks end was to no fault of his own so therefor really doesn't take anything away from punks push or character as he was assaulted by Orton which makes Orton more bad ass and gives Punk a future feud with Orton that again will NOT hurt his momentum. The fact the Jericho was building so much heat as a heel and did so well with HBK and to have him lose to Batista so soon was a bad move. I am hoping *crosses fingers* that tonight on Raw Jericho somehow gets the belt back, I honestly don't care how, he's a heel, whether Orton interferes or JBL or ANYONE to help Jericho I just want him to get the push he deserves as the champ. Way to soon to end his run. By far!!!!

Airfixx

Jericho's hands down... Especially as it seems they've had him reclaim the belt after a mere 8 days.

In the case of Punk it was defo a "...well, CAN he?"-kinda reign and indeed one that he needs to thank Jeff Hardy for.

CenaMark54

I would have liked to have seen Orton's last title reign go longer. They gave him the big Mania win, then had him drop it to HHH at the next PPV.

It's not like HHH even needed the belt at that time. He didn't even deserve it.

Since then, HHH has been a bust with the belt. No one on SD, with the exception on Taker, is a legitimate threat to HHH. Are we supposed to take Hardy seriously as a contender? Kozlov? I'll stop there because honestly, I named off everyone I know on the SD roster.

the dark knight

jericho's for obvious reasons.

btw, why am i feeling that batista's one week reign was almost as long as cena's?

SnackZ

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH = my finger crossing worked!! Jericho is champ again. Thank god!!! Loved the look of loss and depression on Batista's face last night - that was priceless.

the dark knight

and he made him self look like jericho's bitch too, story-wise.

in his promo he said jericho had a lot of excuses for the loss at cyber sunday, and in the cage match there will be no excuses..........RIGHT, so not only was your first win a none-clean/fluke win, now you got PWN3D in the cage match.................. no excuses!

Moonlight Drive

^^Just wait, Batista will be crying about how he wants HIS championship back, like he has after ever title match he's been involved in since 2005. :yawn:

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Big Dave's... :( Fucking Jericho.. Oh well, win some, ya lose some. I'm sure Cena will become Champ sooner or later, and that'll make me happy. :)

Moonlight Drive

Cena pwns as champion, but I'm pissed off Jericho has gotten 3 title reigns, and they've all been transitional reigns. Unless he retains against John at Survivor Series, which I actually think he will.

But John or Tista is going to get the belt before the Royal Rumble, that's for sure.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I couldn't of been more happy when Jericho scaled down that cage. I'm happy to see Jericho getting the title, even thought it's transitional, it's better then us seeing Tista/Cena/Orton/Tista over and over again.

As for Punk's reign, it felt more like "can he do it? Can he main event a PPV?" reign, it was more him proving to the E that he can hold the title.