Which aerial moves?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MainEvent

Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding some high-flying to my repertoire, and wouldn't mind getting some wrestling fans' opinions on what they like to see best. Feel free to add what you've always liked or would like to see more of these days, I'd really appreciate it!

Moves I was thinking about using:

Moonsault (Onto standing opponent)
Corkscrew Moonsault (A moonsault with a half spin so I land on my back.)
Swanton Bomb (Overused... I know, but damn does it look good. It wouldn't be all the time.)
Plain old cross body plancha to the outside

I also do a thing where I hop over the top rope from the outside, but land on the middle rope on the inside and can do a flying move from there, but can't figure out what to do after landing on the middle rope. Cross body, etc?

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I had this cool move which i used to do when "Backyard Wrstling" with my friends. Beware though, it's highly dangerous & if done wrong, will break your neck.

Now we all know about a Moonsault (Facing Backwards, Backflip)... Swanton (Facing Forward Front Flip)... & Shooting Star Press (Facing Forward Backflip)... But here's an idea.

Face your back towards the area you want to jump as though you'r gonig to try a Moonsault, jumb back & at the same time perform a Front Flip/Swanton Bomb. Make sure you jumb back enough so you don't land on the ropes & make sure you don't jump too far as it will limit your time to fully perform the flip & you could land on your neck. It's your choice how you land it, i mean it could be a Leg Drop, Backdrop kind or a simple Elbow drop ending.

K... it might seem a little extreme but we see the 3 Variations quite often nowdays... Why not add the fourth which IMO is less dangerous than a Shooting Start anyweis. It's original & will probably get you more noticed!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
How about just using a plain old big splash from the to a la Mike Awesome?

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^ That's a good enough excuse for the Awesome Hangtime picture!

Damn it... I can't find it!!!

the dark knight

lita's diving moonsault or the shooting star press...

MikeRaw

This may be not possible for yo to do but a Hurracarana would be pretty cool to do. But not all the time. Other than that, the only other one that I can think of that hasnt been said is a diving headbutt Benoit-esque :D

Switchy

Reaction score
A 450 corkscrew splash :)

What I would do personally is practice all the moves you just mentioned in your first post and use whichever one you are most comfertable with. It may be 1 thing to keep the crowd entertained but the top priority is to keep out of hospital.

Dairydude

Reaction score
moonsault leg drop is always fun

The Turntable Splash is awesome too
to do it, you stand facing into the ring and dive into a splash but twist so you land with your head facing the turnbuckle you jumped from

Christian

Reaction score
shooting star press

or

kenny dykstra's finisher when he was in the spirit squad, the leg drop from the top turnbuckle.. he can jump so goddamn high

Dairydude

Reaction score
kenny dykstra's finisher when he was in the spirit squad

It's a feint knee, leg drop
he leaps as if he's going for a knee drop, then snaps out his leg at the last moment.
a VERY cool move

monkeystyle

Reaction score
To reiterate my previous advice. Stay basic.

There are far too many wrestlers out there who will try and pull off something insane that looks neat, but implausible.

Try and remain as realistic as possible, and use a move that actually has some impact to it, and not just a lot of flash and flair.