Where Did It Begin For You?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Best childhood friend got me intressted when he brung out his figures and we named the LOD after us two lol we were 6 and 8, I was 6. I watched it up until about Survivor Series 2002 so when I was 8 I lost my love for the business. Then I remember talking to this late in my school and he told me about TNA and I enjoyed it, I saw Jeff Hardy vs Abyss in 2004 or 2005. Then I got back into the WWE after Eddie's death, I read it in the paper and broke into tears. I now watch every episode of Impact and every TNA PPV. Theres my story

Wrestling Station

Survivor Series '87
the survivor series classic match ups was awesome at that time. I liked it alot and it was so well performed.

Wrestling Station

^^^A critic at 3 yrs old?????

didnt watch it live!! lol. It was the first set of matches I ever watched, I think around 1992 or 1993 was the date of me watching wrestling. I was just refering to the PPV I watched first.

betweenthelines

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly where or when it happened but I was a little kid and all i remember is being obsessed with Hulk Hogan.

seahawk

Reaction score
For me it was during the Attitude era, i can still remember staying up to 12:00 AM watching Monday Night Raw, but even then i still was not a huge Pro Wrestling fans, but then in 2000 i got Smackdown on PS1 and then yeah went wrestling crazy.

MizMasta3000

I first fell in love with wrestling watching Wrestlemania 10. Especially the Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels Ladder Match. Just looking at how popular these characters played into the time period of pop culture while putting on a great wrestling match. From that day I only got more interested and a few years later came the beloved Attitude Era. I liked to watch old school matches. The slow paced, stricly skill-based contests where there were not many guys with chiseled bodies. When I was watching the WWF I fell in love with the almost anarchy of those times. The person who iced the cake for me was The Rock. His whole look made me want to watch every week. His mouth plus his in ring skills drew me to becaome a fan of the WWF. I soon started watching other promotions like AAA. I was really interested in the Lucha Libre style. Then I watched WCW and ECW(I was watching that for a while). The stories were not so soap operaish and I never knew what was going to happen next I had chills watching wrestling. You never what person from another promotion would appear on another show. The numerous wrestlers different styles and personalities were all I could ask for. All my life I wanted to share my fascinations with but to this day I don't have one friend I can really talk "WRESTLING" with. I lost my passion after the InVasion. Then the name change and the lack of spontaneity. I never gave up. I took a year long break from WWE in 04 kind of. I got interested in TNA. I saw a few old faces from the past and some some guys with fearless attitudes and the feuds were wonderful. I might never feel the same about WWE again but I will never forget the days when wrestling was wrestling

Ballin

Reaction score
My brother always watched it. This was around 2000 and I was way young. Somehow I caught on and really liked it. He ended up getting out of it and I'm still with it.

Klide

My brother always watched it. This was around 2000 and I was way young. Somehow I caught on and really liked it. He ended up getting out of it and I'm still with it.

hahahahahhaa same here man the same exact thing happend to me and my brother.....but to me it was around 1998-99 when i first started watching

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
hahahahahhaa same here man the same exact thing happend to me and my brother.....but to me it was around 1998-99 when i first started watching

I know a guy that used to be a HUGE wrestling mark. He would call me every time someone did a finisher to say how awesome it was. Now every time I see him he talks about how fake it is and insults it. I just don't get people like that.

Airfixx

LOL.... Having rediscovered my love of wrestling a few years ago, I found that one of my friends (a 35yr old) was actually a 'closet' fan all along!