When's the right time to propel Ambrose up the card?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Let's be honest, we all know he is going to be an absolute pleasure to watch. The potential feuds we can witness are going to be top notch entertainment. Ambrose/Punk, Ambrose/Bryan, Ambrose/Cena, Ambrose/Orton (just for the both being psycho's part), and many more. I just can't wait, but when is the right time to push him up? They're teasing the split with Shield already, and he'll probably feud with them for a bit and lose. After that happens, what's the best feud to put him in?

I don't know dude. He's going to be a huge star though. Did you see back in 2011 when Punk (as WWE champ came to FCW on his day off to wrestle Ambrose? Kick ass match. Great promos.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I don't think he should be put in a main event feud anytime soon. I say after The Shield break up he should feud with a former Shield member for the U.S title, a meaningful feud with the U.S title on the line would be a good way to build the title back up. Have the challenger say that Ambrose disgraced the title, made it meaningless, and that they want to bring the make it have some prestige again. In the end of the feud Ambrose would ultimately end up losing the title to his former partner(preferably which would be Rollins). Then, after that he could be put into a "main event" feud in which he would try to prove to that he has what it takes to hang with big dogs as a singles wrestler, but of course he would be doing so in his unique heel ways.

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Ugh. Ambrose isn't becoming a main event playa. Reigns is and maybe Rollins.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ugh. Ambrose isn't becoming a main event playa. Reigns is and maybe Rollins.

20b1410f3584b0acdc31fff3e85b9fe5.gif

Reactions: Brad.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I agree with others that he'll likely be mostly an upper-midcarder and will probably only get the occasional main event match and feud here and there. I've always thought he would end up more of a Jake Roberts and Brian Pillman midcard type of heel (he even shares characteristics with those guys, too) than a top heel like HHH. A good point was made earlier though about how there aren't really a lot of other top heels at the moment and so Ambrose could fill in one of those roles for the time being as soon as The Shield splits apart. I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter into a 1-2 month program over the WWE Title sometime by the end of next year.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
When he's relevant as a singles guy. At the moment he is kind of stuck in one location. Most of the Shield is focused on Reigns and have been for a couple of months now, and before that it was on the tag team mainly since those two were the guys getting ring time. It's weird because Ambrose at the start was the guy getting main focused but sometime over the summer they slowly started moving it more towards the tag team and then Reigns. Like Shadow said, let him establish himself in the midcard first, create something the fans will connect with, this can lower the risk of some form of lashing back effect once he gets a main event run. Most of the main eventers that stick are the once that get to simmer in the midcard first and build an organic relationship with the crowds.

Plus as others said, I see him more as an upper midcard heel than a main event one. A Pillman, Roberts or Piper, the guys he's compared to the most. He'll be in the dance, but not leading so to speak.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
When he's relevant as a singles guy. At the moment he is kind of stuck in one location. Most of the Shield is focused on Reigns and have been for a couple of months now, and before that it was on the tag team mainly since those two were the guys getting ring time. It's weird because Ambrose at the start was the guy getting main focused but sometime over the summer they slowly started moving it more towards the tag team and then Reigns. Like Shadow said, let him establish himself in the midcard first, create something the fans will connect with, this can lower the risk of some form of lashing back effect once he gets a main event run. Most of the main eventers that stick are the once that get to simmer in the midcard first and build an organic relationship with the crowds.

Plus as others said, I see him more as an upper midcard heel than a main event one. A Pillman, Roberts or Piper, the guys he's compared to the most. He'll be in the dance, but not leading so to speak.
me and THG vs you and your girlfriend seab. YOU SCARED BRO!?

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
The Shield angle is focusing on Ambrose and the rift growing between he and Reigns. Reigns is babyface and getting all the wins, standing up and trying to fight everyone. Ambrose is holding him back and not winning cleanly. All his recent wins are due to the spear. It's basic wrestling shit, & it's well done. When people say everything is focused on Roman, they're clearly not paying attention.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Shield angle is focusing on Ambrose and the rift growing between he and Reigns. Reigns is babyface and getting all the wins, standing up and trying to fight everyone. Ambrose is holding him back and not winning cleanly. All his recent wins are due to the spear. It's basic wrestling shit, & it's well done. When people say everything is focused on Roman, they're clearly not paying attention.
And soon they'll split and Ambrose will eat a spear as Reigns is vaulted into super stardom and Ambrose chills in mid card neutral for the forseeable future.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
And soon they'll split and Ambrose will eat a spear as Reigns is vaulted into super stardom and Ambrose chills in mid card neutral for the forseeable future.

Well of course he's going to eat a spear. I don't see how that fucks the rest of his career up. A heel getting comeuppance? SAY IT AIN'T SOOO-OHOHOHOHOH

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It ain't soooohohohohoh.

What do I win now? :yay:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Maybe a year and a half. He's still relatively new and I don't think any amount of good feuds would propel him up to quickly.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I expect Reigns to get a bigger match and hopefully see ambrose vs Rollins feud for a while.