When will the WWE fans accept that The Rock isn't who he used to be ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy@

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah The Rock still loves wrestling but that's not what he does primarily anymore, he's already returned to the WWE on numerous occasions but in his last run, it was obvious he was nowhere near the same guy he was and not just on the microphone but in the ring with John Cena or the WWE Championship matches with CM Punk from 2011 - 13. He ran out of breath in less than 5 minutes, was extremely sluggish and couldn't move in the ring as great as he used to, especially when he did The People's Elbow, being away from wrestling for so long is what did that to him unfortunately, he's not getting any younger..
He's been working out, though. I just think he does not have the same level of passion for wrestling as he used to. I'm not saying he'll be back, but he's more healthy than he's ever been. Look at his new skyscraper film. It takes a lot of practice to do what he's been able to do in there. In my opinion, advice came at him like this: "it's either films or wrestling." He had to make a choice. He chose films.

Reactions: jminter2698

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Oh yeah they do exist : "When is Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back ?" "When is The Rock coming back ?" "Why is the WWE the WWE instead of WWF ?" or "How come the WWE isn't The Attitude Era anymore ?" You're just not looking hard enough.

Who would want to look for those comments? Maybe you should stop looking. I haven't seen any of those comments around either, and if I ever do, I'm just going to ignore it. Nobody saying those type of comments are going to have anything interesting to say about wrestling.

bren_b85

Jobber
Reaction score
Who's asking for him to come back as the "Elvis" Rock? He wasn't even that "Elvis" type of Rock even before he went to Hollywood.

Obviously around WrestleMania season, people talk about him making an appearance. It's common with all the legends.

Honestly, I can see him being the headliner for next WrestleMania's Hall of Fame. As for having a match, well that depends on his movie schedule, the producers (who would have to take out an insurance policy on him), and on Dwayne himself.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Who's asking for him to come back as the "Elvis" Rock? He wasn't even that "Elvis" type of Rock even before he went to Hollywood.

Obviously around WrestleMania season, people talk about him making an appearance. It's common with all the legends.

Honestly, I can see him being the headliner for next WrestleMania's Hall of Fame. As for having a match, well that depends on his movie schedule, the producers (who would have to take out an insurance policy on him), and on Dwayne himself.
Old Attitude Era fans who hadn't watched the WWE in years, and yes he wasn't even the Elvis Rock anymore even before the Hollywood gimmick like you said, he was the fast talking, short haired, Jabroni beating, pie eating, strudel Rock.