When was the last time a new champion created this much buzz?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you happy with Jinder Mahal being given the title?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I get that it's something new and I don't have a problem with it, but damn he's a terrible worker in the ring. Even against someone like AJ Styles he didn't have a stand out match. Without the Singh Brothers bumping for his matches like crazy, everything would have only been half as interesting. I hope he improves but if he doesn't, then I can totally see this as a 1 time thing and he'll be left in the dark once his title run is over

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well, assuming it is true what I have read, Mahal was pushed like this to win the Indian market.

I don't agree with slapping the belt on a guy for ratings who has spent his career being a jobber, I enjoy the storylines that create the 'earned it' factor, however, at the same time, it is refreshing. I don't hate Orton, but, the man can get stale....There are only so many times people want to see Cena or Orton hold on to belts....so to throw it on someone that most people probably wouldn't have expected brought some 'shock value', which is something we don't see very often.

Still on the fence with it. I hope they make it a good run, at least, so that, even though they went about it poorly, if they can hold up a good story, they can make it worth the choice and redeem themselves for people who don't like it at all.

Personally, I don't see him holding on it to it long, and it ending up being an overall worthless decision, but, you never know....