When Martha Hart Dies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
What would WWE do?
Who would owns the rights for Owen Hart's image?
Would it be his kids or Bret Hart?

I think if Bret Har t become the owner of the Image of his brother. I think we all know Owen Hart would be in the Hall of Fame. Also give all the money to his neice and nephew. Owen Hart would be in the WWE Games for sure.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
You already created this thread earlier and it was locked for obvious reasons.

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It was lock cause I used the word "AWFUL"

The thread was locked because you insulted a widow of a wrestler who died tragically and you insulted her more than once. Plus I was quite clear the that name of the thread was inappropriate as well. However, you ignored that and did it again.

Do not send me emails telling me I hate you. I do not hate you, I don't even know you. I am however a member of this staff and if I feel that a thread here is inappropriate, I will close the thread. The staff of this site does not make decisions based on our personal feelings of members. We make them based on what is best for the site.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The topic was fine, the way you delivered it was not. That is all. Nothing personal.

On topic -

I am not sure what they would do. I have a feeling Bret may feel the same way at this point. Some people are fine with the legacy of a wrestler continuing after death but others aren't. It is a touchy subject and I don't think will change with her passing.

Crash

Reaction score
I understand her for being angry with WWE after what happened, but it has been almost 20 years. She should just let it go and have him go in the HOF...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is that I KNOW Owen Hart wouldn't be mad. Owen loved wrestling and he would have forgiven WWE for this. So many people say this. He would still want to be in the HOF.

If Martha were to pass away, the Owen Hart likeness would not move to Bret Hart. It would go to Owen's children. So it would be up to them if they wanted WWE to use his likeness. Bret Hart's feelings on the matter wouldn't figure into the legal aspect. So it would depend upon how they feel. We might not see Owen's likeness nor his HOF induction any time soon.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I understand her for being angry with WWE after what happened, but it has been almost 20 years. She should just let it go and have him go in the HOF...

Easy for you to say... Her husband died in a freak accident in WWE that should've never happened.. She will never let that go, nobody would.

Reactions: Swift

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Easy for you to say... Her husband died in a freak accident in WWE that should've never happened.. She will never let that go, nobody would.

Agreed. The biggest thing is that it was made clear that Owen didn't want to do it. I think that fact, more than anything else, gives her the right to justifiably hate WWE for life.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Agreed. The biggest thing is that it was made clear that Owen didn't want to do it. I think that fact, more than anything else, gives her the right to justifiably hate WWE for life.
I actually didn't know he didn't want to do it. Holy crap, I would be furious with them. Heck, if I was Bret, I never would have worked with them again knowing that. I am guessing his children aren't too fond with the company either knowing this. At 22 and 26, they have to know the whole story by now.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score

Yeah, apparently he was nervous all day and wasn't himself, but he was a company man so he went along with their plan.. That still pisses me off thinking about it.. Nobody should ever have to come down from the rafters, that's not entertaining, it's way too dangerous.. Whoever came up with that dumb idea, will have to live with that for the rest of their life.

Crash

Reaction score

I don't think it is good for her or anyone to be vindictive like that and not let Owen's career have the credit it deserves. That's just my opinion.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually didn't know he didn't want to do it. Holy crap, I would be furious with them. Heck, if I was Bret, I never would have worked with them again knowing that. I am guessing his children aren't too fond with the company either knowing this. At 22 and 26, they have to know the whole story by now.

It's Bret Hart's book. Owen had talked to Bret and told him that he didn't want to do it. That was the main reason Bret held his grudge for as long as he did, I believe.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't think it is good for her or anyone to be vindictive like that and not let Owen's career have the credit it deserves. That's just my opinion.

It's not good, I agree. But grief is hardly rational. We can't expect to know how she feels or dictate it either. I personally agree that holding onto the grief and anger like that is not healthy. But we can hardly fault her for it. Her kids grew up without a father and as far as I have heard, Owen was a father beyond fathers. Every day of her life, she's seen those kids accomplish things and not have their dad with them. Every event, every milestone is a reminder.

Agreed it's not good to always be angry. But I can't fault her for it.

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
The thread was locked because you insulted a widow of a wrestler who died tragically and you insulted her more than once. Plus I was quite clear the that name of the thread was inappropriate as well. However, you ignored that and did it again.

Do not send me emails telling me I hate you. I do not hate you, I don't even know you. I am however a member of this staff and if I feel that a thread here is inappropriate, I will close the thread. The staff of this site does not make decisions based on our personal feelings of members. We make them based on what is best for the site.

Then why did you let When Vince McMahon dies? thread gonna? Haven't locked that up yet? Double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.