When for you did Punk lose his momentum?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nash getting involved could have been OK to the feud, but I heard that the reason the feud ended up not working was because he couldn't wrestle at NoC (he was on some blood medication) and then HHH stepped up and screwed things. Who knows?

Regarding the Laurinaitis feud, the problem is that it had no apparent reason, and I think I know why: remember that "who texted Nash to powerbomb Punk" thing? It was supposed to be Johnny, but due to the turns that the storyline took they said it was Nash himself, and things got weird. That whole mysery, big storyline that involved the whole WWE turned into Punk making fun of Ace for no reason and it never evolved, while HHH and Nash attempted to kill each other.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Had the Nash feud gone like Nash said it was originally supposed to go I think Punk would not have lost his edge or at least not to the degree he has today. Nash wanted to put Punk over as a serious big time face but we have all heard about his blood medication.

Then along came the champ of biggest nose in wrestling history and screwed Punk.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Let me name another point:

He lost it when he was coming up with the whole 'Best In The World' thing. He ain't..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Even then it sucks. Nash shouldn't wrestle. He should have been the enforcer to HHH's heel corporate stable. Punk vs authority continues. Heel HHH is always epic. He lays down for Punk at a big PPV and Punk is super-over. Simples.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Even then it sucks. Nash shouldn't wrestle. He should have been the enforcer to HHH's heel corporate stable. Punk vs authority continues. Heel HHH is always epic. He lays down for Punk at a big PPV and Punk is super-over. Simples.

http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=*AC5F80BAD409E322

Yes, I'm re-using this gag. Deal with it.

Just saw what you wrote about the Ace/Punk feud, @[Leo C]. That would have worked perfectly, but they left a key element out of the story then finished it anyway, but without that element? That's like taking the Joker's sick, twisted crimes out of the Dark Knight, and telling the same story...

Not only that, but they decided to take a storyline that was designed to put over Punk, and decided to put over Kevin Nash instead???? What the fuck? TNA giving him and Scott Hall the tag titles was way more intelligent than this! Especially with Nash leaving after a few months, and Punk being the future...

Wow. Just wow.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
He lost his momentum after his match with John Cena to decide the Undisputed Champion. His entire platform and the sole reason for his IWC success was his anti-establishment angle which lasted all of 2 months.

The shoot was terrific, the theme change was even better, and suddenly everything the IWC has been complaining about was being voiced by quite possibly the most underrated superstar at the time on WWE's biggest show live, week after week.

Alright, so come Summerslam everything that needed to be said had been said, and CM Punk's victory would put him over until Kane was done wasting Cena's time.

Where are we now and where have we been since? The focus remains on Cena, and the WWE is running just the way it used to. Nothing has changed, there was no "revolution", and CM Punk has let down everyone that vouched for him in hopes for a change in times. The focus is still on Cena, as well. The only difference being that CM Punk has now solidified his status as a main eventer for at least the next year and a half.

Why not longer? How could CM Punk ever be forgotten again after what he did? The Miz.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Exactly. Punk sounds like a hypocrite now. He was talking about a revolution or something, and now everything's the same, but he's a main eventer and all, and now he's not complaining about management anymore... OK then.

Reactions: Testify and #Heel1

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Exactly. Punk sounds like a hypocrite now. He was talking about a revolution or something, and now everything's the same, but he's a main eventer and all, and now he's not complaining about management anymore... OK then.

Couldn't have said it better.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
When Kevin Nash got involved, I could feel the momentum slipping a bit, but I held out hope that the "who texted Nash" thing would turn into something good, and Punk squashing Nash would help build him for a feud against Triple H possibly, since we all assumed it was HHH who texted Nash anyway (and I do believe the original plan was for Punk and HHH to be saved for Survivor Series.) Then Punk didn't fight Nash, and instead fought and lost to Triple H. And then became some kind of 'buddies' with Triple H, even teaming with him. By then, his 'revolution of change' never came and he was just another guy on the card, albeit an entertaining one (others disagree, of course.)

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
CM Punk lost momentum because of CM Punk. It was Kevin Nash too but if CM Punk is as good as he claims to be he would've gotten that momentum going again by now. especially considering its been a year. Did stone cold or rock ever lose momentum to the point where they couldn't recover from it for the next 1-2 years? No, because they were good enough that they could get momentum back. And it wouldn't take them a year to do it. Why? Because Austin and Rock aimed for the top spot, while CM Punk seems to aim for the 2nd or 3rd spot.

Conclusion; CM Punk is not the best in the world like he claims to be. If he was then he would he would have took control found a way to regain momentum in a matter of months. Maybe another pipe bomb would help? :obama:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Austin and Rock where handled greatly by the WWF 99% of the time, although I would agree that Punk isn't at their level.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
stephan1 said:
CM Punk lost momentum because of CM Punk. It was Kevin Nash too but if CM Punk is as good as he claims to be he would've gotten that momentum going again by now. especially considering its been a year. Did stone cold or rock ever lose momentum to the point where they couldn't recover from it for the next 1-2 years? No, because they were good enough that they could get momentum back. And it wouldn't take them a year to do it. Why? Because Austin and Rock aimed for the top spot, while CM Punk seems to aim for the 2nd or 3rd spot.

Conclusion; CM Punk is not the best in the world like he claims to be. If he was then he would he would have took control found a way to regain momentum in a matter of months. Maybe another pipe bomb would help? :obama:

CM Punk can't do what he done. He was given the rights to use epic content... the promos were epic because of what he was saying, not just how he was saying it.
Since his epic summer, what was he given? He was given HHH. Punk said okay, I'll bury the non-buryable on the mic, check. He made HHH look stupid. Everyone is still happy.

They have a match, people complained how it was too soon but apparently Nash couldn't wrestle (which is good, Punk vs Nash would have been terrible). So we all just deal with the fact the heel corporate stable isn't happening, but at least we have Punk going over HHH to continue his monster push. Wrong. HHH beats Punk despite 3 interruptions. Cleanly. Right there, CM Punk's momentum stopped. Nothing he could do or say could dig him out of what just happened.

You can put two spins on it. Did his momentum stop because creative were Blue and wrote him utter shit after the summer angle? Yes. But HHH ruined the chance to save that shit decision by putting Punk over, then revealing it was him who text Nash and have HHH become mega-heel having that as the feud that propels Punk as a super duper star. That's what really pissed me off the most. The same happened with Nexus.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"Why did entertaining-as-hell heel X lose his momentum" always comes back to an overpushed babyface, doesn't it?

Hey, what happened to Cody Rhodes? Big Show.
What happened to Christian? Orton.
The Nexus was awesome at first, why did it die? Cena.
What about the best heel we had in years, Mark Henry? Big Show again.
Punk was the greatest thing in all of wrestling, why's he so unimportant now? Triple H.