When for you did Punk lose his momentum?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
445cff97a0761fafa247b8d55a6ef3c7.jpg

Reactions: #Heel1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nothing kills momentum faster than an authority figure cleanly going over the hottest main eventer in the company.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
After MITB. Right after.

I see your point. Coming back that quickly when he was supposed to have left WWE sort of made the whole "I'm leaving when my contract expires" thing feel useless, that's for sure.

Reactions: Bort

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Right after MITB? You mean when he beat Cena?

He came back to soon I agree, but that's not a reason to lose momentum. It could have worked easily, it's just it would have been so much better if he left for 2+ months. But WWE needed Summerslam buys so meh.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They wanted PPV buys? They could have done HHH vs Cena, and then... :bury: :shovel:

No, but seriously. I understand why he came back that soon, they didn't want the focus to be somewhere else, but maybe they should have proceeded differently. Maybe they could've shown CM Punk defending the WWE title in smaller feds around the world, and Vince/HHH going nuts trying to get him back or something like that, it would've been awesome. It wouldn't happen though.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Whenever he stopped being "The Voice of the Voiceless", and exposed as a politician. "We Want Change... um... Who Wants Ice Cream!" just doesn't cut it when you got over by exposing the problems in the WWE.

When his ultra-entertaining anti-authority character stopped ripping WWE for being a terrible product, and started ripping into Johnny Ace for literally no reason.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Whenever he stopped being "The Voice of the Voiceless", and exposed as a politician. "We Want Change... um... Who Wants Ice Cream!" just doesn't cut it when you got over by exposing the problems in the WWE.

When his ultra-entertaining anti-authority character stopped ripping WWE for being a terrible product, and started ripping into Johnny Ace for literally no reason.

That's exactly what started the downward spiral.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
No reason is a bit of a stretch. The Ace vs Punk feud could have been great too. Hell, even Nash's appearance in this feud could have still been epic.

The Ace character did nothing to Punk to piss him off other than wearing a suit. If they wanted to re-start the feud when Ace was making him defend the title against Mark Henry, because Ace is a tyrant that is mad with power, that would have been fantastic.

The feud was entertaining, but it just felt pointless.

Thanks, Leo!