When did you start watching wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

O-Prime

Reaction score
I started watching sometime in 1999. My brother brought home a tape from his friend and we both watched it. It was the week after 'Black Wedding' episode.

Reaction score
Well like Jericho i have 2 wrestling comings.

1st one was in late 1998 or early 1999 when me and me mate watched WWF Heat on channel 4 in Britain the i start to watch WCW on Channel 5.

2ns happend about 2004 when i started to watch The Wrestling Channel.The one match the made me turn back to wrestling was Abyss vs Jeff Hardy.I cannot remember if it was an Impact programme or a PPV but either way it was phenominal.Also not meening to promote my self to much i have started a new BTB and should soon be ready.

addo

Reaction score
I was just flicking through the channnels one night and i herd stings music and for some reason i stayed on this channel ans sting came out to a huge pop, then vampiro jumps him from behind. (at the time i had never seen anything like this, and thought it was real) i watch the end of the show to sting come back and win, i thought it was amazing:shocked: only watched WWE/f when WCW went out

shaunx

Reaction score
6th standard

Well it was when i studied in 6th standard..that time only video cassettes was available and waits for a long to get summer slam and cage fight..i got hooked up that time..hehehe

Adampro123

Reaction score
When i was like 3 or 4 years old,and all through my child hood i would rent wrestling videos and watch them. my favorite wrestler was sting and i also liked warrior.

Reaction score
Ok, My first memory of wrestling was seeing Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy in the steel cage at Wrestlemania 2 in 1986. I was the tender age of 7 and I've been watching it ever since. There have been periods of time when I just wasn't interested for a while. From 95-97 wrestling sucked. Then from 98-early 2002 it was great. I actually stopped watching for 2 1/2 years until June 2004. I just happened to see that Benoit had the belt and I've been watching again since.

Sometimes I can't believe I've been a wrestling fan for 22 years.

csi24/3:16

Reaction score
Mines had to have been in 1997 when Stone Cold faced Bret Hart at WM 13. Classic match, one of my favorites. Stone Cold losing so much blood, Bret with the Sharpshooter locked in. And finally Stone Cold lost consciousness

Enigma22

Reaction score
i first watched wrestling in the spring or summer of 2003 i think. cena was u.s. champ and had the best of 5 series with booker around that time. jbl was feuding with eddie gurerro for the wwe championship and the first thing i remember is eddie winning by dq cause he stuck a wrench or something like that in jbls boot... i only watched smackdown for a while then i started watching raw not very long after...

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
i remember watching Smackdown in the late 90s when it still had the big oval titan tron i dont remember much because i was a little kid

but i became a real wrestling fan in late 2002 when there was a Kurt Angle/Brock Lesnar/Big Show storyline going on for the WWE Championship

Reaction score
Well it was Wrestlemania 14 , That was the first show i watched and I could still remember how Ken Shamrock just snapped and suplexed everyone who entered the ring and wouldnt let go of the ankle lock. I really enjoyed watching that show so from that moment on I never stopped watching wrestling week after week after week. Though when the WWE bought out wCw they started to stop showing the WWE for about a year or 2 here in the Philippines and I got to say it sucked ass. Especially because it had one of th ebest story lines ever which was the Invasion storyline. But I think it was 2004 or something like that , They started airing Raw and Smackdown again so yeah. Thats pretty much how i got into wrestling.

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
Early 80's growing up watching Georgia Championship Wrestling/World Championship Wrestling and Mid South Wrestling on TBS. Also, some AWA and World Class Championship Wrestling mixed in there as time went on.

WWF(WWE) wasn't "Real" wrestling to me. It was more of an insult.

I had "stacks" of wrestling mags and lived for that stuff.

I was easily hooked.

And it hasn't ever been the same ...

JC Punk

Reaction score
2000 then quit then was on back again 2001 until now

SaraDelRay4Ever

Reaction score
I am a bit of a late starter. I grew up in Dallas in the 80's with WCCW and Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling. But I stayed away most of my life because I thought it was all too lowbrow or whatever.

Then, in summer 2006, I rented a Divas DVD from netflix. I fell in love with Lita and Dawn Marie immediately. That led to the 2005 Rumble DVD, and I was hooked from there. Since then, I have worked like a maniac to catch up my knowledge, loving every minute. I've read a bunch of bios (hint: Goldberg's book is a waste of your time), watched as many DVDs as I could get my hands on, and so forth. I have recently discovered ROH and the indy's -- my new crush is Sara Del Ray, though Mickie James will probably always be my queen, and Lita holds a special place for me.

Over the last year, I have "come out" as a fan. My friends and coworkers all know I follow wrestling. They tease me a bit, but it's all good-natured.

Onward and upward!