When did SmackDown start declining?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I hate brand competition, it's pointless (in my opinion) and ruins character development. Like last time, why would a selfish character like Miz want to lead a team to beat people he doesn't care about? Just makes no sense in my opinion. But hey, Bragging Rights is returning this year -.-.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Eddie dieing kind of ruined SmackDown for me, then later on, Benoit died... Then I really stopped watching Smackdown for a good period of time, until Cena got drafted to SD.

blackterminator

The Artiste
Reaction score
Smackdown started to decline when Brock Lesnar left, Kurt Angle left, The Undertaker working a few appearances a year, Eddie died, and when it moved to Scifi.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think Smackdown is fine to be honest. Most weeks it is solid, at least as much if not more so than Raw, and if people would avoid spoilers I feel they would enjoy the show a helluva lot more. Daniel Bryan has been entertaining as champion IMO, Rhodes is a great IC Champ, Wade Barrett is a great heel, Sheamus (although he has lacked direction up until the Rumble win) is a good source of entertainment inside and outside of the ring, Booker always makes me laugh on commentary...

the only main issue I could point to (which isn't exclusive to SD, Raw has the same issues) is the overall lack of feuds. You only get 2-3 feuds at a time, while the rest of the roster just sort of floats in limbo. Oh and Teddy Long needs to GTFO obviously

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I think Smackdown is fine to be honest. Most weeks it is solid, at least as much if not more so than Raw, and if people would avoid spoilers I feel they would enjoy the show a helluva lot more. Daniel Bryan has been entertaining as champion IMO, Rhodes is a great IC Champ, Wade Barrett is a great heel, Sheamus (although he has lacked direction up until the Rumble win) is a good source of entertainment inside and outside of the ring, Booker always makes me laugh on commentary...

the only main issue I could point to (which isn't exclusive to SD, Raw has the same issues) is the overall lack of feuds. You only get 2-3 feuds at a time, while the rest of the roster just sort of floats in limbo. Oh and Teddy Long needs to GTFO obviously

To be honest, I agree. I'm not going to lie, I'm normally the first to critisize SmackDown. Mainly because I hate how repeatitive the main-event is with Big Show being in the last 5 PPV WHC matches, and how when a star has no one to feud with they just let him bury others (Sheamus). But you're right, if I was to not read spoilers I'd enjoy it more. Barrett, Rhodes & Bryan are absolute gold and all three are in my top 5 favourite. Orton is a more bearable Cena.

I just wish they had some real feud going on (apart from Barrett & Orton, that's been decent). But something more interesting. Teddy Long playing the perverted guy who can't say Christian properly and only turns up to make tag-team matches does my head in!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sage said:
To be honest, I agree. I'm not going to lie, I'm normally the first to critisize SmackDown. Mainly because I hate how repeatitive the main-event is with Big Show being in the last 5 PPV WHC matches, and how when a star has no one to feud with they just let him bury others (Sheamus). But you're right, if I was to not read spoilers I'd enjoy it more. Barrett, Rhodes & Bryan are absolute gold and all three are in my top 5 favourite. Orton is a more bearable Cena.

I just wish they had some real feud going on (apart from Barrett & Orton, that's been decent). But something more interesting. Teddy Long playing the perverted guy who can't say Christian properly and only turns up to make tag-team matches does my head in!

Yea I could do without Big Show as well, but I have to give him credit for his feud with Mark Henry towards the end of 2011, that was good stuff. I was a huge 'Giant' mark when he first showed up in WCW, but it's time for him to move on I think.

Another thing that bothers me about Smackdown is how they always waste 15-20 minutes on their show recapping things that happened on Raw. Come on WWE, you really think ANYONE bothering to tune in to SD didn't see Raw earlier in the week?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Yea I could do without Big Show as well, but I have to give him credit for his feud with Mark Henry towards the end of 2011, that was good stuff. I was a huge 'Giant' mark when he first showed up in WCW, but it's time for him to move on I think.

Another thing that bothers me about Smackdown is how they always waste 15-20 minutes on their show recapping things that happened on Raw. Come on WWE, you really think ANYONE bothering to tune in to SD didn't see Raw earlier in the week?

Completely agree, also, I don't know if the states get it but do you get the "In the vault" matches they show? Personally I'm not a fan. Some are a fan because it shows (most of the time) decent matches from the past, but why not spend that time building a feud up?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Completely agree, also, I don't know if the states get it but do you get the "In the vault" matches they show? Personally I'm not a fan. Some are a fan because it shows (most of the time) decent matches from the past, but why not spend that time building a feud up?

Nope, never heard of In the Vault. The must spend that time showing us Don't be a Bully ads instead lol

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Nope, never heard of In the Vault. The must spend that time showing us Don't be a Bully ads instead lol

:laugh: That's weird. I wonder why the UK gets it. I mean it takes up like 10 minutes most of the time, so I have no idea what the hell is happening in the mean-time lmao.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Smackdown decline when Vince decided he didn't want RAW's ratings to be lower than SD!

RAW is the flagship, so if it became the 'B' show it would be red mark for the company (no pun)

Both shows have declined some... It's just Vince isn't willing for RAW to get that bad