When did Randy Orton become a tool?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think he's just a much more natural heel. But the problem is he became a face because the crowds just started cheering for him and they had no choice but to turn him. Punk faced the same problem. I also wouldn't put it all down to him being eye candy for the women, since if that was the case, he would have never been able to portray a heel at all in the first place, especially back during his 'Legend Killer' days when he looked much more like a pretty boy (maybe it's just me, but when I stopped watching in 2005 and started again in 2010, Orton looked like he aged about ten years.)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He was cheered a lot when he was put against Sheamus for the WWE Title, after Sheamus won it from Cena. When there was that Legacy conflict storyline. I think they were planning a face turn for DiBiase, but Orton ended up turning because he was being cheered. Not exactly sure how it worked, but his turn had something to do with it.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Leo C said:
He was cheered a lot when he was put against Sheamus for the WWE Title, after Sheamus won it from Cena. When there was that Legacy conflict storyline. I think they were planning a face turn for DiBiase, but Orton ended up turning because he was being cheered. Not exactly sure how it worked, but his turn had something to do with it.

Lmao that's so Blue. Dibiase should've turned face not orton. That would be like in Evolution if Triple H had turned face instead of batista/orton. Completely stupid and didn't put anyone over.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Lmao that's so Blue. Dibiase should've turned face not orton. That would be like in Evolution if Triple H had turned face instead of batista/orton. Completely stupid and didn't put anyone over.

I know, it sounds stupid. But you can't force a turn on someone if the crowd wouldn't accept it. I agree that it should've been for DiBiase, but if he was beeing booed, I'm not sure it would work if they had sticked to the plan.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Leo C said:
I know, it sounds stupid. But you can't force a turn on someone if the crowd wouldn't accept it. I agree that it should've been for DiBiase, but if he was beeing booed, I'm not sure it would work if they had sticked to the plan.

Then what they should've done is get Orton to be a better heel and try to get the crowd to hate him and love dibiase.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Then what they should've done is get Orton to be a better heel and try to get the crowd to hate him and love dibiase.

That's easier said than done. At the end of the day, fans will cheer or boo who they like. They couldn't get fans to hate Austin in 2001, no matter how much bad shit he did.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
That's easier said than done. At the end of the day, fans will cheer or boo who they like. They couldn't get fans to hate Austin in 2001, no matter how much bad s*** he did.

Lol wasn't he doing the same things? He was an anti-hero type face so he did bad shit even as face. +singing to mr mcmahon, as if that would get him boo'd.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Stopspot said:
It's the crowds fault. Randy was super over as a heel but he became the eyecandy of basically every woman in the crowds and they started cheering him and forced a faceturn on him. 2011 was one of his best years ringwise since he put so much new talent over and had some of his best matches. Yet his mic work has taken a beating since I don't think he knows how to play the good guy.

I agree. It sucks, right? ://