When did Randy Orton become a tool?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Seriously... when did it happen? He wasn't always garbage. In fact, in Evolution his mic work had some personality.

So, when did he become such a tool?

Tool = A device or implement, esp. one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's the crowds fault. Randy was super over as a heel but he became the eyecandy of basically every woman in the crowds and they started cheering him and forced a faceturn on him. 2011 was one of his best years ringwise since he put so much new talent over and had some of his best matches. Yet his mic work has taken a beating since I don't think he knows how to play the good guy.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
When he turned face, probably. I don't think he plays a face very well and his gimmick doesn't help.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I see the 'face' argument, but its like he isn't even trying. HBK could come back, not lace up a boot and sell a PPV.

You guys know it, Randy Orton probably couldn't sell one PPV buy if someone lit his bus on fire

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
HBK was never a draw so I don't see that point.

Orton's character is a sadistic psycho badass who cares about no one but himself. Yeah, totally a face right? Orton lacks serious mic skills, he never used to but he does now. They're just monotone. He makes up for it with wrestling ability and probably the best look in WWE. Orton was a draw when he was a heel funnily enough.

He's too over to change, the women seem ridiculously attracted to him and want to cheer him whenever they can. Because he has this "i don't care" attitude, the men want to cheer him because we've got no other face who doesn't smile like a little girl and kiss all the other face wrestlers.

WWE booking is the result of Orton's demise.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's true, the only other face who doesn't kiss everyone's ass is Ryback. It's funny when we see a face with a heel gimmick, and the respective announcers backing it up.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
HBK was never a draw, but he was decent enough to main event WM 23.

I used the HBK analogy to illustrate that a busted draw could overcome that if he put in the effort.

Lesser guys (mic work) like Bret, HBK and HHH were passable and sold matches using both dichotomies... and neither were true draws.

At this point, Orton isn't drawing flies. This figures, considering he's at least putting over guys who potentially could

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
HBK was never a draw, but he was decent enough to main event WM 23.

I used the HBK analogy to illustrate that a busted draw could overcome that if he put in the effort.

Lesser guys (mic work) like Bret, HBK and HHH were passable and sold matches using both dichotomies... and neither were true draws.

At this point, Orton isn't drawing flies. This figures, considering he's at least putting over guys who potentially could

You're telling us that you can overcome the odds (I.E. Not being a draw) if you work very hard? Well thanks for giving us that very valuable life lesson. HBK alone isn't a draw, but because he always works hard and delivers a 5 star match he is a draw being people know they will get their money's worth. But most people aren't near as hard working as HBK. That's the problem. That's one of the main reasons Cena is on top, because he works harder than everyone else in WWE. His other features don't hurt either.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
HBK was never a draw so I don't see that point.

Orton's character is a sadistic psycho badass who cares about no one but himself. Yeah, totally a face right? Orton lacks serious mic skills, he never used to but he does now. They're just monotone. He makes up for it with wrestling ability and probably the best look in WWE. Orton was a draw when he was a heel funnily enough.

He's too over to change, the women seem ridiculously attracted to him and want to cheer him whenever they can. Because he has this "i don't care" attitude, the men want to cheer him because we've got no other face who doesn't smile like a little girl and kiss all the other face wrestlers.

WWE booking is the result of Orton's demise.

So. True.

I think a lot of us, even Dolph's, would like him if it wasn't for "Orton booking"

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Come on Dolph I can't see you not marking for his legend killer gimmick, or even his Viper gimmick when he was in his prime.

Even when he's not in his prime. He's one of the best in-ring performers.