what's your favorite kurt angle match?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jwdhulk

Reaction score
ive had the oppurtunity to meet kurt angle in person. hes a real nice guy and IS one of the best wrestlers in the company today. ive seen kurt angle put on some amazing matches. i liked shane mcmann vs. kurt angle in the king of the ring kurt angle vs. sting in tna, somoa joe vs. kurt angle, these 2 have had some of the best matches in tna. please write back with your favorite kurt match

seX-Power

I assume Kurt Angle has faced RVD.

If yes, then that match is my choice.

milkman7

Reaction score
Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit vs Edge/Rey Mysterio-No Mercy 02

Airfixx

^^^...The 3-way that also featured Los Geurrerros was the shit too (can't remember which event)!

Others...
Street Fight with Shane-o-Mac @ KOTR02.
Vs Eddie G @ WM20.
Vs HBK @ WM21
Vs Benoit - WMX7 springs to mind, but there were many.

The match against Taker in 2000 when he switched with Eric Angle was good stuff as was his match against Steve Blackman during '99 (would like to see it again but, once again, can't remember what event it was at.).

Evil Austin

I am a huge fan of Angle and what he has accomplished and I like a whole list of his matches. Here are some of the ones that I remember off the top of my head.

- Kurt vs. Rock vs. Austin vs. Taker vs. Rikishi vs. Triple H - 6 man hell in a cell.
- Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit - forgot what event but it was good.
- Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (All encounters)
- Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar WM 19
- Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker - Vengeance 3 way match.
- Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Some time in 01' when they had that slobber knocker match to see which one of them where the best at suplexes and the suplex machine. If I recal Benoit had done a record ten german suplexes on Kurt in that match.)

Reaction score
I can't put a certain match, there's been so many, and It's been awhile since he's been in the WWE. But, I would say my favorite, most entertaining storyline was Angle vs Austin in '01. As far as wrestling is concerned, Angle vs Benoit in '02 was just classic

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 19 because both guys were train wrecks prior to the match, and even more fucked up after the match too. Yet, the presence of both these guys in a WM main event was earth-shattering in itself, and they both did pretty well considering.

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 21 is my favourite match of all time, which says little considering I have not seen too much wrestling as it is. But the way the match heightened in intensity and performance up to HBK's urgency to flip out of the ankle lock to no avail - pure excellence.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle WWE Title- Royal Rumble 03

Evil Austin

I also forgot to mention one of my favorite Smackdown free tv matches was the Smackdown before the Rumble in 05' forgot the date but January something. Kurt Angle vs. JBL Last man standing. Angle hit an angle slam on a steel chair and then the cabinet came out and made a few shots on Angle and both men were counted out after like a 40 minute match.