What's your favorite Horror Movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
I don't really care much for horror movies. Kind of got burned out on them as a kid.

I did enjoy Saw and the Candyman though.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre from 2003 was okay but I was like 15 at the time and made jokes the entire movie about him just wanting to get laid... lol

Chainsaws and leather faces, the biggest of turn-ons...

Jeremiah

The Artiste
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

Horror is probably my least favorite type of movie, but I do like some...

The Blair Witch Project
Critters (cheesy but I love it)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Fly
Saw 1 & 2

I love all of these (especially the cheesiness of Critters) but Blair witch, I was a pioneer film for the style, but, I felt like they focused so much on the style that there was so much else lost, and I know I'm among the minority on this view, but I thought the best part of that movie was the end credits.

The Room.

That's one I haven't seen, but added it to my "must watch"

Child's Play, Halloween, Candyman, and Strangers.

All of those are good ones!

I've seen Scream, Silent Hill, Hills hv Eyes, Jason, Chuckie (All of them),Dark Water, Recently saw The Fly classic horror. Just to name a few. Im not a huge fan of horror anymore. I used to watch it when I was younger. For pete sakes I cant even look at the pic or I'll cringe and look away. Cant watch without hving nightmares

Those are good ones, too. Horror, isn't for everyone one, I think a lot of it has to do with the style that we get used to. I enjoy the blood and guts, sometimes, other times, I like a movie like the Ring that's scares you, mentally.

Probably a tie between the original Halloween and The Evil Dead.

I'm with everyone who says, "Halloween". Evil dead is awesome, too.

No one mentions John Carpenter's The Thing? It is the best horror film of all time in my opinion.

I love Carpenter's horror movies.

I don't really care much for horror movies. Kind of got burned out on them as a kid.

I did enjoy Saw and the Candyman though.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre from 2003 was okay but I was like 15 at the time and made jokes the entire movie about him just wanting to get laid... lol

I was 17 when that version came out, and who knows, maybe if someone had loved him, it would have been a totally different movie.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I've seen these, but just wonder what you guys think about them.
Troll and Troll 2
Hellraiser series

I didn't like either Troll film..

Hellraiser 1 & 2 were good and then they just got outrageous after that.. I love Clive Barker and wish more of his stuff was made into films. I think Nightbreed was the best film based on a Clive Barker book.

Jeremiah

The Artiste
Reaction score
I didn't like either Troll film..

Hellraiser 1 & 2 were good and then they just got outrageous after that.. I love Clive Barker and wish more of his stuff was made into films. I think Nightbreed was the best film based on a Clive Barker book.
I kinda like Troll, Troll 2 was so cringe worthy, that it was just too much, even for me.

I enjoy the Hellraiser series, the first three are my favorite. 4 wasn't too bad, Hellseeker could have been done so much better, the ending had a really great twist. I HATED Hellraiser: Revelations, as did Clive Barker. I loved his tweet about it, "That didn't come from my mind, that didn't even come from my butt-hole."

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I've seen The Grudge 1 & 2. The part that scared me the most was when the one woman didnt hv a jaw and her tongue was hanging out..... *Cringes* I couldnt sleep bymyself for weeks after that. When it came to walk past the stairs, I'd Leap across the hallway and Flip the lights on quickly. I will NEVER watch that again

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've seen these, but just wonder what you guys think about them.
Troll and Troll 2
Hellraiser series

I remember seeing the early Hellraiser films and really enjoying them. The first is still quite watchable and can be a bit scary. The second one too. But some of the effects are very dated and therefore the movies can be campy.

I don't know if I ever saw Troll. I know that Troll 2 had nothing to do with the original movie. It wasn't even made by the same people. The producer of Troll 2 just tried to capitalize on the success of the first movie by naming his movie (which didn't even have trolls in it) Troll 2. Troll made five times its budget back, they changed the name from "Goblins" to "Troll 2." But Troll 2 is a fun movie. It's so remarkably bad that you just wonder what went through the minds of the people making it that they actually thought anyone would take it seriously.

For those who haven't seen Troll, I've always found it amusing that two of the major characters are named Harry Potter.

Reactions: Jeremiah

Jeremiah

The Artiste
Reaction score
I remember seeing the early Hellraiser films and really enjoying them. The first is still quite watchable and can be a bit scary. The second one too. But some of the effects are very dated and therefore the movies can be campy.

I don't know if I ever saw Troll. I know that Troll 2 had nothing to do with the original movie. It wasn't even made by the same people. The producer of Troll 2 just tried to capitalize on the success of the first movie by naming his movie (which didn't even have trolls in it) Troll 2. Troll made five times its budget back, they changed the name from "Goblins" to "Troll 2." But Troll 2 is a fun movie. It's so remarkably bad that you just wonder what went through the minds of the people making it that they actually thought anyone would take it seriously.

For those who haven't seen Troll, I've always found it amusing that two of the major characters are named Harry Potter.

Yup, The Potters move into a new building, and Harry Potter jr gets help from a witch, to face off against the troll. If I remember right, the "Witch" was the classy type, not such a far stretch from Minerva McGonagall?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has seen the first two Ju-on movies. I know a lot of people think Ju-on: The Grudge was the first, but it was actually the third Ju-on film and the fourth story involving the storyline.

Ju-on: The Curse shows the little boy, Toshio, when he was originally killed. It pretty much explains nearly everything that seemed unexplainable in the Grudge film. Then there is Ju-on: The Curse two which goes into more detail. But unfortunately, I've only ever been able to find the first one with subtitles. Although I love part 2, I can never talk about it with anyone who has seen it because I don't have any other horror fan friends who speak Japanese. The one time I tried watching it with someone, throughout the entire movie they asked "What did they say?" one second later, "What he say?" It made it very not fun.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Originally, He had 3 mask. The killing mask, the old lady mask, and the pretty woman mask. (this sounds like the last drag show I did on halloween)

So the leather mask was the killing one I take it?