What's wrong with my business plan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Psychology and demographics of the population. Two very easily overlooked, and essential points to examine.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
First of all....

I dunno....

I think you've got a better chance at opening up a MMA-promotion thingy...

then when you've promoted it perfectly for a load of mma-fans...

"trick-em"

and showcase PRO-wrestling...

so in that way...

you can easily fill up an arena and make some cash...

then brag that you "sold-out" an arena by booking a good wrestling card...

and that'll probably give ya-some "REP"...

and who knows what could happen from there on....

maybe R.L.Stien will go like "Hey..that guy could take over Ring of Honor for me."

and maybe you could become head booker of ROH....ya-know..

well either way...

don't stop....BELIEVEING!!!!

and GOODLUCK...we're all counting on you....

*serious post by tha'way..so don't call me "STupurd!..durh!?"

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Just simulate this on Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 and factor in the realistic things the wrestling simulator creates.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Speaking of That "TEW 2008"...

anyone else laugh at The "Bumfhole brothers"?

I dunno why...but that always kind've gets to me...

Bum'f'holez!!!

anyways...

I ain't no business dude...

but this thing is like a "subscribed-to-me-thread" thing...

so like...Wheres my magizine at!?

Montana

Nice job on this. Im impressed, you spent a lot of time and effort on this. One thing that jumped out at me was the 600,000 people you plan on having pay 3$ per week to watch this. From the looks of it, you didnt add in any other revenue. My problem with this is you didnt compare it to ANY of top indys at the moment. ROH's FREE weekly show only has 2,000-20,000 views (mostly around 9,000) PWG is at about 1,200 and Chikara is probably at 600. Just about per week these videos come out, and again they are FREE. If we are speaking #'s your company would have to be about 60x more popular than ROH. (600k / 20k *2 for the three dollars) Realistically speaking. Not going to happen. Plus it will be very hard getting people to pay 3$ over the internet each and every week.

I do think your cost are close, assuming you are doing a top notch promotion. I think some cost could be add/sub. Paying jobbers 750 for a 2 minute match? You wouldn't have to pay those guys anything. Use a wrestler in training. I wouldn't have womens wrestling right off the bat. You dont need 3 refs, you dont need 3 webmasters, def. dont need 8 email guys and 10 executives. Im assuming as owner, you would be as hands on as possible.

I didnt see on here which building you are renting out or buying. Do you plan on renting a gym 52x a year, or purchasing a warehouse?

I also see the wrestling talent as a HUGE variable. As as indy your talent will fluctate. I wouldn't over pay the wrong guys, starting off in the business. The best thing is to make your own stars, but on the other hand, If you can sign RVD to a match, you better blow the bank on getting him in your company.

I'd estimate your Revenue as.....

500 views per week (assuming you have Grade A talent)

300 fans per show (assuming you are in a good location)

Merchandise/DVD/Pop stand = 1,000$ per show.

In my head thats about 5,500 per week revenue. I think i was quite generous too for a BRAND new organization. I do think location is a HUGE factor. I based this for NY/Philly. To start #s would be very low, but assuming you get a good buzz, hopefully after maybe 6 months, #s would look more like this. Problem is, to get that revenue, your goign to be spending that much on the indy wrestlers, assuming you want a top notch company. So thats where the tricky part lies. Having a budget. Trying to keep cost under 5-6000 per show.

Which indy wrestlers are you looking to sign??? Im looking for more a specefic roster, if you dont mind. Also book your first show. Thanks

Thats my thoughts on this. Again nice job.

Axis

The main thing I was going to point out were your viewer numbers, thus your main influx of revenue. However Montana did a great job in describing the flaws in your prediction; far better than I could have. I just think that your revenue prediction is vastly inflated, and thusly so is your gross profit. It looks great on paper, but it's just too optimistic for me to approve of it.

I was looking for it, but I couldn't find how large of a loan you would look to take out initially. I'm not sure where you expect to find one of such magnitude.