What's The Deal With These ECW Guys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
1.jpg

Since Tommy Dreamer arrived in TNA, he's been making random appearances in the crowd. And with each appearance, he's brought along one ECW alumni after another. So far we have Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards, and Rhyno. I'm not too trilled with these guys seeing as though for the most part, they're either boring or just not as good as they once were, but I'm rather intrigued by this. Are they the "they" that Abyss keeps referring too? Are they scooping out talent for something? Could this be the makings of a new stable? Could this climax with Paul Haymen coming in? This could end in many ways.

Thoughts?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
1.jpg

Since Tommy Dreamer arrived in TNA, he's been making random appearances in the crowd. And with each appearance, he's brought along one ECW alumni after another. So far we have Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards, and Rhyno. I'm not too trilled with these guys seeing as though for the most part, they're either boring or just not as good as they once were, but I'm rather intrigued by this. Are they the "they" that Abyss keeps referring too? Are they scooping out talent for something? Could this be the makings of a new stable? Could this climax with Paul Haymen coming in? This could end in many ways.

Thoughts?

CMS

Reaction score
Paul Heyman commanding an ECW army in....2010, would the biggest waste of Heyman ever. I don't know, I just don't care about these guys, and I just find it sad that these guys have to continue relying on ECW to be relevant at this point in time. Besides, can I say how stupid it would be that Abyss changed the mentoring of Hulk Hogan, arguably the biggest name in sports entertainment history, for the mentoring of Tommy Dreamer and Rhyno.

CMS

Reaction score
Paul Heyman commanding an ECW army in....2010, would the biggest waste of Heyman ever. I don't know, I just don't care about these guys, and I just find it sad that these guys have to continue relying on ECW to be relevant at this point in time. Besides, can I say how stupid it would be that Abyss changed the mentoring of Hulk Hogan, arguably the biggest name in sports entertainment history, for the mentoring of Tommy Dreamer and Rhyno.

Reaction score

TRUTH.

I don't see Heyman coming back to the wrestling biz for that storyline. And I kind of feel sorry for Dreamer and the lot because it's not their choice to be whored out for their pasts, it's just the only way TNA knows how to book because they are too inept to book original storylines themselves.

Reaction score

TRUTH.

I don't see Heyman coming back to the wrestling biz for that storyline. And I kind of feel sorry for Dreamer and the lot because it's not their choice to be whored out for their pasts, it's just the only way TNA knows how to book because they are too inept to book original storylines themselves.

Double J

Reaction score
I think it is the "they" that Abyss is talking about. Everyone seemed to of forgotten Mick Foley and how he was against Hogan coming into TNA and he was Abyss mentor for awhile. Also Abyss has yet to really hurt RVD, instead focusing on Hardy and Anderson. I think it's stupid to bring in an ECW stable then throw Abyss into it, kinda like how MEM had Samoa Joe, just didn't fit.

Most likely this is just gonna be another "wait, what's going on exactly" storyline that TNA has been throwing at us for awhile now. You have RVD as the face champion (which turn heel obviously) and Team 3D fighting with each other and in a pointless 'fued' with Ink inc. Speaking of which wasn't there a few segments where Neal and then later Moore was laid out and Bubba saying he had nothing to do with it? Damn, it's gonna end up being The Hulkamanics vs. The Hardcore Revolution....

hbkfan

Reaction score
if done right it could be good but like other storys tna will screw this one up as well.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I completely forgot about Foley. This could be his bring back story. I don't think Team 3D are going to be apart of this though. They have their hands tied right now and unless there's a swerve, Bubba and D-von look to be feuding soon.

As far as RVD goes, if he does get involved with this, he better not be the champ. I don't want any of those guys near the title or have anything to do with it.

Double J

Reaction score
lol now that I think about it, the way this could end up being epic was if this was a way to write Hogan and Bischoff out of TNA and Heyman in. Have Foley come back with the ECW guys saying that he loves TNA and didn't want it to go down like WCW and then battle with Hogan and his guys he brought in. Later Heyman shows up to be the one behind it all and they have a big match where winner gets control of TNA. ECW wins, Heyman gets the company and "fires" Hogan and Bisch and a new TNA starts :D

Not gonna happen, but if it does you read it here first....but it's not gonna happen.

Reaction score
The four guys in question are more or less jobbers. I get the whole strength in numbers bit but Rhyno, Richards and Raven are so far femoved from being relevant its laughable. I know TNA did their focus group stuff and it turned out ECW stuff is popular amongst their Orlando fan base but why jump to that right away? Why would I want to cross the line to see this storyline and put even a dime into it?

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I also remember Samoa Joe saying "they are coming" after he got kidnapped. Maybe these two are in common but I would rather see a Samoa Joe/ RVD feud with a ECW vs Hogan feud.

I hope they keep RVD away from this rivalry as he is better to be in big feuds circulating around the TNA Championship. But really after watching a few times Raven looks fat and out of shape, Stevie and Dreamer are irrelevant and Rhino has ran his coarse. If theres going to be another stable feud, I would like it to be Abyss, Dreamer, Foley vs Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, and Mr. Kennedy, with Kennedy finally turning on Hardy and ECW wins.

But ECW can't be the heels in this, Fortune is already a heel stable.

Who knows what TNA will do but, it should start tonight at Victory Road.

Reaction score
I agree with you about the conflict of two heel stables. It wouldnt make much sense for them to be heels because they'll get face pops regardless.

I do remember that Samoa Joe thing but that facet is so far removed it wouldn't make much sense to bring back up, seeing as how it hasn't been mentioned in forever. Plus I don't like the idea of Samoa Joe getting re-adopted by other ECW guys as it just happened a year ago with Taz.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

TRUTH.

Both quoted for emphasis. If I see another ECW homecoming/reunion angle I'm going to pull my hair out. Here we have Rhyno who has done absolutely nothing in TNA since he's been there. We have Raven who was semi-decent in the early days of TNA but who fell off the wagon and we have Stevie who has had no relevance since RTC IMO. Lead by Tommy Dreamer who painful to watch in his last months. He's always been boring to me since his WWE run and I don't think that that will change. Wouldn't be surprised if TNA snatched up Sandman and/or Sabu as well (given his history with Raven in TNA, it would make no sense but this is TNA we're talking about). Hell, if Tommy Dreamer steps in and mediates peace between Bubba and D-Von, they might be apart as well. Not to mention Tazz who's already getting on the defensive about being involved (we saw that last week as he was being questioned by Tenay). ON TOP OF...THAT. I read some recent reports about Spike giving TNA the green light to increase the violence so it's only a matter of time. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If this ECW regine (SP?) gets started, I could swallow a feud with this young and fresh "Fortune" stable with Fortune going over.

AJ can match up with RVD
Kaz can match up with Stevie
Beer Money can match up with 3D
Morgan can match up with Rhyno

Afterwards, Dreamer can retire or stay backstage. Rhyno and Stevie along with Raven can go back to doing absolutely nothing.

CMS

Reaction score
Then again, Rhyno vs Morgan and Kaz vs Stevie isn't really anything to look forward, and I have feeling by the end of the year, AJ vs RVD would be as whored out as Kurt Angle vs AJ or Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe at its time were.