What's the best wrestling ppv you've watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Mine is Wrestlemania 20 even though I still haven't seen the whole thing. Eddie Guerrero with the title after it finished and him and Chris Benoit celebrating in the ring after the show with those papers falling around everywhere, one of the best Wrestlemania moments in history. And of course WWE's best ever triple threat as a main event was just precious. I've seen enough awesomeness in that ppv that when I finish watching it, even if some of the parts suck, nothing can ruin the class A stuff I've seen so far.

What's yours? And let's count in every promotion, I kinda think that most of the top 25 ppv's of all time are not even a product of WWE, at least for me since I prefer wrestling over entertainment.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly...

I had a VHS tape of SummerSlam 1991 when I was kid...so that show has a lot of nostalgia
for me...but then I also had a VHS tape of Wrestlemania 9...so make of that what you will.

In "recent" memory...I really enjoyed Backlash 2016, Survivor Series 2016, TLC 2016 &
Elimination Chamber 2017...

SmackDown was so good during that run...& while it wasn't perfect...I can remember really
enjoying everyone of those shows.

Now I would name a TakeOver or two...but if I'm being honest...they all seem to blur together
into one stream of awesomeness...although the two UK TakeOvers were both excellent & I
do remember many moments from both.

I could also list the 1992 & 2001 Royal Rumbles...BUT...HA!...that would be simply for the
Rumble matches themselves...and I don't even remember any other matches on those cards.

Oh...and Evolution was fun & sexy...even if the wrong match went on last.

Last edited:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score

First PPV I watched on the Network.

This event was great both for what was presented on the card plus what it lead to going forward.

It had the best fatal 4-way match that I've seen for the IC title.

The AJ/Roman feud was the one that got me to order the Network to see this PPV. It was an amazing match and the follow led to Seth/Roman for the title and the brilliant AJ/Cena feud.

I feel like I'm the only person who liked the Ambrose Asylum match. Then again I'm a Jericho mark, and I loved the memes that came out of it - Mitch the Plant being in the cage, the 69 (Nice) thumbtacks etc.

I also feel like I'm the only one who thought it was right that Seth came back from injury as a heel - there was no in kayfabe that he would become a face, he was a dastardly heel who only had to give up the title due to injury. Where does him being a face come in? Just because the crowd popped for this return? Weak argument

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
HIAC The Famous Holy S... match Between Foley and Undertaker:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
WM 20

That was the first WrestleMania I've seen as a kid

My personal favs was

Rock and Sock vs Evolution

Undertaker vs Kane

Cena vs Big Show

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Takeover Brooklyn... 3. The one with Drew and Almas (although that was the least amazing match)

I know I know, laugh at the mark, but you have to realize I'm 19, I haven't really appreciated wrestling matches till recently, and when I was younger I didn't have access to ppvs outside of Wrestlemania and the Rumble.

Takeover B3 was legit four five star matches in a row, followed by like, a 3.5. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through, it was amazing!

Honorable mentions, Hell in a Cell 2017, Usos vs New Day HiaC is my favorite match and KO vs McMahon was honestly amazing, but everything else was only okay

Elimination Chamber 2009, my only ever live PPV, and man, did that make it BIG. I'm bias though, so I'm not counting it

Reactions: bullyballmm

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Manias: 18, 19, 21, 25, 28, 30, 31

I’d have to say that out of the manias, I really liked these ones a lot. Rock and hogan, rock and Austin, Brock and angle, Shawn and Kurt, first money in the bank match, taker vs Shawn, rock vs Cena, DB vs evolution, and I loved the ending to mania 31 with Seth winning via cash in.

Now that my rant is over, the best PPV I’ve watched is prob money in the bank 2011. I know it may sound crazy, but I’m a huge punk fan and the night he took the championship in Chicago, made that prob my fav PPV of all time. There are some good ones out there, but the vibe that night was crazy and they actually let punk beat Superman.

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
There are many shows where 1-2 matches were special but when it comes to the whole show it had to be Survivor Series 1998. The matches were not very long and memorable (except the final of the tournament) but the vibe and the story told through the whole show was great. I have watched the whole PPV already over 20 times

Reactions: bullyballmm

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
and they actually let punk beat Superman.
It wasn’t a clean win tho. Fuckin WWE, they didn’t wanna give Punk a single clean win over Cena but Bryan got it. Also it’s pretty crazy that they didn’t give him a main event at Wrestlemania considering how many other worse guys made it there.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It wasn’t a clean win tho. Fuckin WWE, they didn’t wanna give Punk a single clean win over Cena but Bryan got it. Also it’s pretty crazy that they didn’t give him a main event at Wrestlemania considering how many other worse guys made it there.
Very true. I don’t think punk should have left, but I It’s like I get why he did. He was a mega star who sometimes got treated like he wasn’t.

Reactions: white crow

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Very true. I don’t think punk should have left, but I It’s like I get why he did. He was a mega star who sometimes got treated like he wasn’t.
Punk made a big mistake for not continuing wrestling. If he did there was a big possibility that he could have become officially the Stone Cold of this era, he was redhot, far better than anyone else overall at the time. If he hated WWE he always could have go somewhere else, Vince doesn’t own pro wrestling as Punk thought. And WWE didn’t give him a clean win over HHH, Cena and The Rock because they didn’t like him personally and knew he will quickly leave after it.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Another top one of mine is Survivor Series 2016 Survivor Series (2016) - Wikipedia

2016 Smackdown was the best Smackdown that I've seen in the decade I've watched wrestling IMO. Having Smackdown win the Men's match with Bray and Orton as the sole survivors was the right move.

Goldberg vs. Brock was great (just ignore how they ruined the UC title afterwards for their Mania match).

Miz was putting on banger IC matches at this time in his careet. He truly made the title relevant.

Only bad match was the women's IMO. But I expected that going into the PPV, the Divas were still at the top of the women's division at the time