What's next for The Ascension?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well if you watched NXT Takeover 2 then you would've seen a very entertaining tag match between the Lucha Dragons aka Kalisto & Sin Cara vs The Ascension aka Konnor & Viktor..

The match ended with the Lucha Dragons taking the tag titles away from The Ascension after a victory.. they were 1 day shy of a year in holding the Tag Titles.

Now two days prior to the special Takeover 2 episode of NXT, Main Event aired and who had a match on that show? The Ascension.

My question is what's next for the deadly tag team? Will they be off NXT until Night of Champions ends and then the night after that on RAW they come out and challenge the Usos or Stardust/Goldust to a title match and take it that night.. or will they have one more match with the Lucha Dragons and see if they can manage to get those titles back?

f1da08015fdafa53da222f20564b2756.png

Personally I think they will debut on WWE Monday Night RAW the night after Night of Champions after the Usos retain the titles or even if Stardust/Goldust win over the titles and then issue an open challenge to anyone in the locker room to come out and face them for a title opportunity..

What do you think the fate of the Ascension will be?​

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They've already debuted on the main roster so a move up is only logical

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They've already debuted on the main roster so a move up is only logical
This is true, they debuted for the main roster at a house show in New York several months back and they said they were decently entertaining except for the fact that the crowd wasn't into it because they didn't really know who the Ascension was at the time.. I totally thought they would get called up then..

How do you think they'll start off their Main Roster Run?

Stopspot

Reaction score
This is true, they debuted for the main roster at a house show in New York several months back and they said they were decently entertaining except for the fact that the crowd wasn't into it because they didn't really know who the Ascension was at the time.. I totally thought they would get called up then..

How do you think they'll start off their Main Roster Run?
Like they did on Main Event this week. Defeating Los Matadores

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I could see them debuting post NoC to dethrone The Usos. Then go on to feud with the Wyatt Family, hopefully.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I could see them debuting post NoC to dethrone The Usos. Then go on to feud with the Wyatt Family, hopefully.
That would be pretty nice, a quick way to get The Ascension over as a dominant tag team on the main roster.. I would like to see a nice back and forth title swapping going between the Harper/Rowan & The Ascension.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well that would mean Sami, Tyler, and Adrian also debuted.
At least they went on RAW; Ascension was on ME & Main Event isn't really that popular.. I mean I still watch it sometimes but usually only when a few select people or some main event talent pops up on the show.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I assume they're going to feud with the Usos, just like old times. Except with Viktor instead of Bram this time. Funny that they turned the Rhodes Bros heels when they were just about to call Ascension up, but yeah.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd like to think they'll be taking the Tag Titles from whoever is the winner at NoC, the following night on Raw... If they take it away from The Rhodes Bros, fine. If they take it away from The Usos, even better!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Well that would mean Sami, Tyler, and Adrian also debuted.
Since they are booked for the next week and most likely the one after that on TV, I'd say yeah

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno