whats next for Edge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Lets be honest, the WWE draft has taken away pretty much all World Title contenders on Smackdown! At Vengeance, if Edge Retains the World Heavyweight Title against Batista, which he probably will, his fued with Tista will have to end (remember the stipulation that its Batista's "last chance" at the title?) The problem his, whats next for Edge after this fued is over? He cant fued with Ric Flair because Flair is just not main event quality anymore. I see him starting a fued with Matt Hardy, which would probably be one of the best fueds of 2007 if booked right.

phantomgerald

yeah i'm pretty sure matt hardy will be his next opponent. i know that matt and edge hate each other outside the ring, but i think they'll put on one of the best feuds of the yar if done right. after that feud, i think maybe a feud with rey mysterio. not that i want the feud with mysterio to happen, but sd is lacking main event faces at the moment

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I wrote somewhere an Edge/Hardy/Mysterio SD main event for SS would be good, maybe a TLC for the title at GAB would be good with Hardy until then. Is that all the wwe ppvs until then? Cause they have too many

MJ807

Reaction score
First he will feud with RicFlair beccause he is closer to the main event then Hardy but thats only for the next ppv but the ppv after that then we will probably see Hardy vs Edge go on for a couple of ppvs ending in a TLC match most likely.

Impactplayer

Reaction score
in 2005 they had touched onto the Matt Hardy, Edge and Lita thing and this culminated into one of the best matches of recent years at Unforgiven with Edge vs Matt Hardy in a Cage Match, but lost the whole point when WWE made the loser leaves RAW match and ruined what could have easily been the best feud of 2005.

Reaction score
I agree Matt Hardy ,Edge And Lita fued was one of (if not the) best fued of 2005. Although i want it to happen i doubt the wwe will give Matt a push , and even if they do it probaly wouldn't get booked right.

Switchy

Reaction score
I reckon the feud with Batista may continue by Edge getting himself dq'ed to keep the belt and is bragging about how Batista can't face him no more and T-lo comes out and says under these circumstances Batista is still aloud to face him for the title or something like that. A feud with Matt Hardy will come somewhere down the line but not yet. He needs to get out of the World tag title scene, have a decent feud with someone like Finlay to prove his main event status and then he'll be ready Imo.

The Rated R CMStar

Maybe we will see Mysterio, 'cause on the GAB and SS posters are both about him, not saying that obligatory makes him the man of the night, but Hardy is still related with the Tag Division and I feel MVP will be feuding with Ric Flair.

MJ807

Reaction score
We can't forget about Mark Henry and Great Khali also those two are "Main Event" Superstars that can easily challenge Edge for the world title.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^He's already on smackdown though. He left raw in the draft and his feud with Cena is long over.

Impactplayer

Reaction score
Well i better start watching RAW and SD again lol. Edge is going to win at Vengance by DQ i reacon too then he will have to face Batista again and again.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Man I hope not, i'm tired of seeing Edge vs Batista they have no chemistry together. I went to Judgment Day and saw there clunky match in person, and it was just horrible, and they havent improved together since. We all can see the Edge- Hardy feud heading our way, and whether its sooner or later it has potential to be great regardless. Henry, Khali, Mysterio, Kane, or Finlay are all capable challengers for the WHC.