What's next for Alberto Job Rio?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- It appears WWE has dropped Alberto Del Rio from their Intercontinental Title plans. Before WrestleMania XXX, the plan was for Del Rio to wrestle Big E at Extreme Rules. As seen on RAW last night, Del Rio was eliminated from the contender’s tournament after a loss to Rob Van Dam.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/evolution-bl...itle-plans-news-on-warrior-week#ixzz2yxvMEvAj
Where does he go from here? Personally, the guy bores me to tears so I'm overjoyed WWE has come to their senses and stopped pushing this guy.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
HILARIOUS title.

Well, honestly, I agree. Although he is a great ring worker, he's extremely boring in every other aspect. As long as he just stays on the midcard forever, I'm fine with it. He's not ME material. Although him feuding for the IC wouldn't suck or anything, it's a good position on the card for him, but if they have someone better for it, great.

Reactions: Rysenberg

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'd keep him wrestling solid matches while he tries to go for the IC title. He's not a bad wrestler, but he is a bit boring and he used to be better with Ricardo Rodriguez (although it's not great if your manager is 100x more over than you are). I'd mark for Ricardo doing the whole "ALBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELLLL RIOOOOOOOO" thing just one more time.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He's one of the best workers they have and can put on a good match with anyone. I would have liked to see Del Rio as IC champ with Ricardo as his manager again. They would do more with it in terms of raising the title's prestige than Big E can.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Looks like Cesaro is taking his place, whoever's idea that was is a genius.

ADR can go job to Ambrose in the US division or something (If Ambrose ever defends it again)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Its been known for quite a while that ADR wanted out and he was going to bounce when his deal expires. So he won't be doing shit, but job.

And since I'm a fair weather fan, I can't be marking for jobbers. Sorry ADR, you're off the list bro.

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
He needs time off, have someone injure the overpushed jobber and let us enjoy the freedom of Del Rio for some months, WWE is bringing up stars, so take Del Rio out and have him return with a run in at some point

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If he were staying, he could have added something to the Intercontinental and/or United States Championship divisions since those belts have always been known as the "workhorse" titles, and ADR, despite what other boring attributes he may possess, is one of the best workers in the company. Hell, he could have found himself a partner and formed a decent tag team with someone to add something to the tag team division as well (no idea on who I'd suggest as his potential partner... becoming a "Real American" and teaming with Jack Swagger, maybe? Eh...) But since he's leaving sooner than later, I guess he'll mostly be putting others over for the remainder of his time here.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Is it just me but ADR would be a great little crony for The Authority. Giving concussions all year round and adding people to his HITLIST.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
I wouldn't classify him as a jobber just yet but he is certainly been on a downward spiral since losing the WHC to Cena.

Not sure exactly what is next for Del Rio but they should probably shove him in to a tag-team like they did with Ryback and Curtis Axel. I have no idea who they would pair him with though. Alternatively I see him costing RVD his semi-final match against Cesaro which would re-ignite (I use the word lightly) their rivalry, then they would most likely face each other in the pre-show of ER or something along those lines.