What would you do with Alberto Del Rio?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I am a fan of his, but him vs Sheamus and him vs Orton was good in the beginning, but got boring and hideous quickly imo.

Love the guy, but I don't know who he should face right now.

Do you think creative is having troubles as well booking him, so they just book him in long, dragging feuds like he's had since the summer?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stick him in a tag-team with Rey Mysterio after Rey and Sin go one on one with Sin going over. Have him a heel at first but then eventually have a slowburn face turn with the team when he one day saves Rey Mysterio. Keep his arrogance and such whilst he's a face and yeah.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Could work indeed. Nice idea!

But, don't you think a heel Rey would be nice? Or would it be too risky?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Most likely Crayo's suggestion or I'd work a program with him throwing Ricardo out, in kayfabe firing him so Ricardo is removed from TV. A week or so later El Local makes his main roster debut with another name and starts up a feud with Del Rio. In the end Ricardo wins the feud and is revealed as the masked wrestler. Humbling Del Rio in the process which allows him to be rebuilt as a character and actually work his way up the roster naturally instead of the insta push he got on his debut.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What Crayo said. Rey cannot work as a heel. His babyface friendly moveset and size works against him.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
:okay:

Would like to see Ricardo wrestle, though. :gusta:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
ADR imo needs a bit of a repackage as the gimmick for me doesn't work I don't hate him as a heel and if he was face I'd have no like for him. The mexican aristocrat for me just does not work it's mega boring. This isn't the fault of ADR he does a good job with what he has been given. But they need a repackage and a slow push like Stop says not the insta push he received as no one cared and I feel ppl still struggle to care bout ADR passionately.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, ADR needs repackaging. It just seems like they're too stubborn to give up on his current booking (same stuff every week, no interesting mic content, same booking on every feud) which I could see Vince doing. Del Rio has potential to be more entertaining.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
ADR definitely needs a character change, he is good in the ring but his character has become boring as hell.....

ThreeXBetterThanU

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'd turn him face and team him up with Rey Mysterio, have Cara turn on Rey, ADR saves him, Cara is heel and teams up with Heyman so he could have a voice.

Give ADR a new finisher because his arm breaker is such a heel move, and tell Vinnie Mac to open the bank to get fans behind him. ADR is supposed to be rich, let him do things for the kids. Have him "buy" a local group of kids tickets to each show and some merch. Do make a wish stuff, be Santa claus for Christmas, all of that cheesy stuff that they'll likely have Cena do. Him and Rey could own the kiddie division of fans.

Have him fued with Ziggie. Have him lose the rumble at the end to a Heel, win the HW strap from Dolph before Mania, only to lose it to him at Mania.

~Three Said That~

acailler

Reaction score
Have him treat Ricardo like dirt under his shoe for months...Gradually Ricardo gets sick of it, teases reacting but doesn't...until one day, he just goes ape shit...and then this happens:

Ok...so this is more about Ricardo then Del Rio...BUT I HATE DEL RIO.

:smug:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
The problem with ADR is that he's the Mexican version of JBL. People are tired of seeing it. I don't know what else you could do with him at this point. Maybe give his face a rest and have him come back as a humble fan favourite? Who knows?

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score