What will WWE be like in 5 years?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's probably going to suck still. Keep NXT separate, no need to ruin it with main roster badness.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
That insinuates that TNA will be a thing in a year, let alone 5

I have faith, although TNA will probably have an indy feel to it.. kinda like ROH and then ROH in 5 years will be like TNA as far as production and look goes for their TV shows.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I have faith, although TNA will probably have an indy feel to it.. kinda like ROH and then ROH in 5 years will be like TNA as far as production and look goes for their TV shows.
TNA will have a TV show?

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yup on WGN in the 1 AM timeslot :heenan:
I seriously think the company is on its last legs. They seem more focused on getting TV deals in Kuala Lumpur (they announced one there this week) than settling a TV deal in the states.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I seriously think the company is on its last legs. They seem more focused on getting TV deals in Kuala Lumpur (they announced one there this week) than settling a TV deal in the states.

International deals could be worth more than the one US deal, just throwing it out there.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

I hope not, they've been having some decent stuff air over the majority of this year.. hoping it's enough to save them and keep them going a bit longer.. but you never know with these types of promotions I suppose.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I hope not, they've been having some decent stuff air over the majority of this year.. hoping it's enough to save them and keep them going a bit longer.. but you never know with these types of promotions I suppose.
Honestly don't feel that the product has been anything to write home about.

And with Lucha Underground on the way and ROH having a tremendous year TNA's misses have cost them more than usual imo.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Honestly don't feel that the product has been anything to write home about.

And with Lucha Underground on the way and ROH having a tremendous year TNA's misses have cost them more than usual imo.
I'll agree to a point. I think they dug themselves so far since last November, it seems impossible to get themselves back out. The product has been great for the past while, and the #'s have been pretty consistent but it seems in general the main crowd are reluctant to go back to it.

IMO even if you look at the BFG Card it's easy to see that was a desperation move, but the impact shows over the last 2 months or show have been really solid every time. The real loss for them is the fact RoH has been consistently amazing looking, but i have 0 clue on the lucha stuff and don't know much indy tbh.

I think with WWE well above TNA it'll be great to see how this all goes down, and I like the idea of RoH gunning for their seat, hell we know WWE doesn't give a fuck about what we think...with those two competing we might have some really amazing shows on a consistent basis.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'll agree to a point. I think they dug themselves so far since last November, it seems impossible to get themselves back out. The product has been great for the past while, and the #'s have been pretty consistent but it seems in general the main crowd are reluctant to go back to it.

IMO even if you look at the BFG Card it's easy to see that was a desperation move, but the impact shows over the last 2 months or show have been really solid every time. The real loss for them is the fact RoH has been consistently amazing looking, but i have 0 clue on the lucha stuff and don't know much indy tbh.

This is Lucha Underground. A new American promotion that will debut on TV on October 29. Looks real solid

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

This is Lucha Underground. A new American promotion that will debut on TV on October 29. Looks real solid

What Channel? I am really surprised it's American, but at the same time pretty juiced. High Flying is by far my favorite, and i'm sure my low level of understanding will only make for more enjoyment.

So RoH going nationwide this year (right? or early next year?) TNA got a tv deal, Lucha is American...Where is Double J? I really like the b level competition deal to face off with the worst product on the market atm (imo, i typed this)

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

Morrison and Chavo. I like the Mundo deal, hate Chav - always.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
What Channel? I am really surprised it's American, but at the same time pretty juiced. High Flying is by far my favorite, and i'm sure my low level of understanding will only make for more enjoyment.

So RoH going nationwide this year (right? or early next year?) TNA got a tv deal, Lucha is American...Where is Double J? I really like the b level competition deal to face off with the worst product on the market atm (imo, i typed this)

TNA hasn't gotten a TV deal yet I believe.. well in America that is. Double J and GFW are actually said to be competing for contracts with TNA with the same companies.

Stopspot

Reaction score

It'll air on the El Rey Network (a relatively fresh channel which focuses on the 18+ demographic, lots of old action movies and such) who also own the promotion along with Mexicos biggest promotion, AAA. In LU women, men and midgets are all treated equal so there will be man vs woman matches and man vs midget man matches.

ROH is being sold out into syndication by Sinclair broadcasting (who own them) in markets where they do not air already so they'll become semi-national at least.

Rumors say Jarrett's thing will be more like the old NWA. Where it works like a "talent agency" for promotions from all over the world. With a GFW champion that travels these promotions and puts on matches. And GFW showcases them in the states.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
TNA hasn't gotten a TV deal yet I believe.. well in America that is. Double J and GFW are actually said to be competing for contracts with TNA with the same companies.
I swear @Testify just posted about it happening and waiting for the announcement on it at BFG.
It'll air on the El Rey Network (a relatively fresh channel which focuses on the 18+ demographic, lots of old action movies and such) who also own the promotion along with Mexicos biggest promotion, AAA. In LU women, men and midgets are all treated equal so there will be man vs woman matches and man vs midget man matches.

ROH is being sold out into syndication by Sinclair broadcasting (who own them) in markets where they do not air already so they'll become semi-national at least.

Rumors say Jarrett's thing will be more like the old NWA. Where it works like a "talent agency" for promotions from all over the world. With a GFW champion that travels these promotions and puts on matches. And GFW showcases them in the states.
WTF Happened to Konnan? That dude has really has the IT look from what I just saw. I'm interested for sure, I doubt it'll be in my area but i'll watch and support it whenever possible. That video really set a nice tone. As far as Double J, isn't that sort of a "dime a dozen" style deal? So he's like the new Cornette, but not an exclusive dealer? I might not be understanding completely correctly, as I only now NWA from when it was a territory deal.