What will happen to Swaggie now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So last night Swaggie said he was taking time off. Jack Swagger is one of my favorite under utilized wrestlers, he has the right size, tremendous ring skills and athletic ability. His mic skills aren't the best but they aren't horrible either. Is he going away for good or will he come back with a tweaked gimmick?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I could see WWE cutting ties with him depending on what type of contract he has.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Then we'll never have Swaggie time again :sad:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He could just take his talents to Orlando

Stopspot

Reaction score
Would he be a hit in TNA though? How would they utilize Angle Jr?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Don't know what will happen. WWE just basically takes a former world champion and made him the ultimate jobber. Honestly, he can't get any lower then he is right now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
They made the signing of Chavo seem like a big deal.. I'm sure they would have something for a former WHC from WWE.

Stopspot

Reaction score
An Angle vs Swagger feud could be interesting.

I am hoping that his is just like the MVP face turn a while back and the time off is to repackage Swagger.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Swagger on the mic, but I do appreciate it would be a stupid move on the part of WWE to get rid. So here is hoping it's a gimmick change and he comes back and seems a lot more threatening which is what I feel he lacks at times.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
An Angle vs Swagger feud could be interesting.

I am hoping that his is just like the MVP face turn a while back and the time off is to repackage Swagger.

Wasn't MVP's face turn a massive failure?

I just think Swagger should go to SD and be treated better booking wise. No reason he shouldn't be in an upper mid card gate keeper type role. this jobbing to everyone and their dog business is ridiculous

Cloud said:
Not a huge fan of Swagger on the mic, but I do appreciate it would be a stupid move on the part of WWE to get rid. So here is hoping it's a gimmick change and he comes back and seems a lot more threatening which is what I feel he lacks at times.

Swagger talking is hilarious & win

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Stopspot said:
So last night Swaggie said he was taking time off. Jack Swagger is one of my favorite under utilized wrestlers, he has the right size, tremendous ring skills and athletic ability. His mic skills aren't the best but they aren't horrible either. Is he going away for good or will he come back with a tweaked gimmick?

I think Swagger doesn't have much of a gimmick to begin with. He's got this I'm an All-American thing going and it's kind of boring. I don't know if WWE wanted to package him as an imitation Kurt Angle but it's not working for him. I think he's taking time off to maybe do one of those WWE films. Hopefully he'll come back with a new persona and some fresh moves.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Swagger has a lot of similarities with early Lesnar, both are amateur wrestling prodigies and they have size that would work to their advantages with threatening opponents. Also both of them have their mic skills as their legitimate flaws.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
simple solution could be to give Swagger a GOOD manager.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Farooq The GOAT of WWEForums said:
simple solution could be to give Swagger a GOOD manager.

Oh like Vickie?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He's getting repackaged. You don't just take someone who's about to be fired and give him a full segment on RAW saying he's leaving for a bit. That's the introduction to a storyline, he'll be repackaged and return as something different. Good.

Stopspot I'm sorry, but Swagger is nothing like Lesnar. Swagger doesn't LOOK like a world wide star, Swagger doesn't have the freakish strength like Lesnar. His mic skills are a lot worse than Lesnar's and that's staying something, lol. They both did amateur wrestling, that's it really.