What was the whole point of Kane wearing his mask again?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Consistent long term booking though? We're talking about the feud that consisted of a Cena redemption storyline where he had won big matches throughout the entire year and won wrestler of the year anyway. Didn't really take continuity into account at all.

The only ones that I can really think of over the last few years are Undertaker/HHH, Undertaker/HBK, The Rock/CM Punk and Jericho/HBK. The first three had huge gaps in-between.

It was still a bad year for Cena, bare that on mind he let Punk walk out with the belt, ADR beat him multiple times as did Ziggler. He lost a lot of major matches which as a guy who rarely loses is a negative slide plus he got his ass whooped by Brock and was at the end of Johnny L's rath for a while. It wasn't perfect but there was long term booking there without compromising their top star.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
In my opinion I think Kane should come back next week with a new attire and mask but this is probably permenate most likley due to See No Evil 2, it would suck if he removed the mask but who knows whats in store for him. Btw I really wish he would do more tombstones does anybody know why he's stopped doing them a lot? is it because of his knees?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
In my opinion I think Kane should come back next week with a new attire and mask but this is probably permenate most likley due to See No Evil 2, it would suck if he removed the mask but who knows whats in store for him. Btw I really wish he would do more tombstones does anybody know why he's stopped doing them a lot? is it because of his knees?
Piledrivers of all kinds are discouraged because of the potential to cause spinal cord damage. So they only do it sparingly.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Piledrivers of all kinds are discouraged because of the potential to cause spinal cord damage. So they only do it sparingly.
No thats not it, Stephanie McMahon said only Undertaker and Kane can do them whenever they want because they are great at them

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No thats not it, Stephanie McMahon said only Undertaker and Kane can do them whenever they want because they are great at them

Still makes sense to discourage them though, another theory could be it being more of a move they use when they want to highlight his relationship with Taker. The 2010 feud and Raw 1000 spring to mind when he's used it recently, it isn't his move per say it's Takers.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The constant mask/unmask is annoying. If he's keeping the same psycho monster character, then why take it off? If he's going to go into corporate politician Kane then I'd mark and a lack of mask is obviously needed.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think his mask came off to help promote See No Evil 2. Like they see his face in that and in the wwe.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Kio

Jobber
Reaction score
I think it's just a adding to the many faces of Kane, though I'll agree it's all flipped up. He wears it, takes it off and that's just a regular thing after a year or two. Damn it!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Piledivers of all kinds are discouraged because of the potential to cause spinal cord damage. So they only do it sparingly.

No! Normal Piledivers are banned not the Tomestone Piledivers! The Piledivers that CM Punk did to Cena earlier this year in there match to who faces The Rock is what banned! The Tomestone is not b/c u put ur knees down 1st so that don't hurt that neck!

Last edited:

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
No! Normal Piledivers are banned not the Tomestone Piledivers! The Piledivers that CM Punk did to Cena earlier this year in there match to who faces The Rock is what banned! The Tomestone is not b/c u put ur knees down 1st so that don't hurt that neck!
14c65b6b170478fc708f4d9db9347687.jpg

Vince: THE ONLY LEGAL PILEDRIVER IN WWE IS THE SEXUAL POSITION I'LL BE DOING IN ABOUT 3 MINUTES.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
In fairness, we don't know for sure if Kane is going to be "unmasked". He may have just taken the mask off to give the visual of Steph holding the mask (unless something happened on Smackdown idk) and have the sinister smile, because this sexy little she-devil can control anyone with her powers of coercion.

The point? Despite us all knowing it was the same Kane all along, when he came back with the mask and chokeslammed Cena we all said "Oh, shit, the Big Red Machine's back! Everyone run for the hills!" And having the visual of the monster helped the Cena feud be... well, about as good as it could have been, and the Team Hell No stuff wouldn't have worked at all without this sinister bastard being part of the comedy.