What was the whole point of Kane wearing his mask again?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
What was the whole point of Kane wearing his mask again?! Ok so Kane had no mask for years and then in 2011 he get Injury and then come back at the end of 2011 with a mask on and then that fuck him over with Bryan now I like Bryan but this screw Kane up! And now he take time off and then he has no mask again!? WTF!?​

Last edited:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It was a nostalgia thing, they / he probably wanted one last run with it before he hangs them up.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
For gimmick use I suppose, and nostalgia. If I remember, when he returned he went to this embrace the hate bullcrap, and the mask made it look creepier and gave it some worth of watch. Although, we don't know for sure if Kane is keeping the mask off forever, he may return with a different one soon. Would be interesting if he sided with the Wyatts and used the lamb mask too.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Short term booking is WWEs wet dream sometimes. The whole 'Kane with the mask again; angrier than ever, trying to take down Cena' was WWE's thought in mind at the time. Nothing at all about what would happen to Kane afterwards.

Reactions: leojay

RaveWayneBoo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Short term booking is WWEs wet dream sometimes. The whole 'Kane with the mask again; angrier than ever, trying to take down Cena' was WWE's thought in mind at the time. Nothing at all about what would happen to Kane afterwards.
Exactly this, evil kane was flavor of the month then when it was time for his next storyline, ehhh what ever

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think he put the mask back on because his face is ugly.

I kid I kid. Because at the time it seemed cool to return with a mask? It kind of made it feel like he would go back to his dominate ways when he originally came to the "e"

I dunno, that's a shot in the dark.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Because the image of the mask on Kane's face just symbolizes a certain mystery and enigma to Kane's character. Sure, the genie is already out of the bottle and we're already aware of what Kane looks like, but the same is true of Jason Voorhees in the Friday The 13th franchise - he gets unmasked in pretty much every movie, but that doesn't mean he should go without it in the next sequel. It adds a lot to the character of this machete-wielding maniac that the only parts of his face you can see is his eyes staring back at you through the holes in the hockey mask and nothing else. The same is true of Kane, especially with them pushing him as a monster heel again and thus wanting to make him intimidating.

My main issue is the design of the mask. It looked more like his 2002/2003 version of the mask (with his mouth and chin exposed) than like his old mask where his entire face was covered. I did like that big metallic thing he wore over his head on the way to the ring, though.

Reactions: Snowman1

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Because the image of the mask on Kane's face just symbolizes a certain mystery and enigma to Kane's character. Sure, the genie is already out of the bottle and we're already aware of what Kane looks like, but the same is true of Jason Voorhees in the Friday The 13th franchise - he gets unmasked in pretty much every movie, but that doesn't mean he should go without it in the next sequel. It adds a lot to the character of this machete-wielding maniac that the only parts of his face you can see is his eyes staring back at you through the holes in the hockey mask and nothing else. The same is true of Kane, especially with them pushing him as a monster heel again and thus wanting to make him intimidating.

My main issue is the design of the mask. It looked more like his 2002/2003 version of the mask (with his mouth and chin exposed) than like his old mask where his entire face was covered. I did like that big metallic thing he wore over his head on the way to the ring, though.

I loved it when Kane had the Predator helmet over his mask. I don't know why he would need a Predator helmet, but it was fucking boss. It kind of looked like The Rocketeer a bit too. Anyway, fucking Kane rules. He's always fluid and changing. Kane and Big Show are two guys that just go with the flow, and can turn face or heel as needed without worrying about not being over.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Rock vs Cena.

Consistent long term booking though? We're talking about the feud that consisted of a Cena redemption storyline where he had won big matches throughout the entire year and won wrestler of the year anyway. Didn't really take continuity into account at all.

The only ones that I can really think of over the last few years are Undertaker/HHH, Undertaker/HBK, The Rock/CM Punk and Jericho/HBK. The first three had huge gaps in-between.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I guess you'd like to give an example of consistent long term booking then?

9b67a2b6a6cd5ab4998664a03011c91a.jpg

Hulk: MY LONG TERM BOOKING PLAN IS YOU TUGGING ON MY BROTHER LOVE UNDER THE WATER A LITTLE BIT.

I guess you'd like to give an example of consistent long term booking then?

8214e889a9caa792eae839796bf9780d.jpg

Hulk: MY LONG TERM BOOKING PLAN CONSISTS OF DICK WHIPPING MY BROOKE-A-LIKE GIRLFRIEND IN THE FACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: seabs