What was the MOTN? (Summerslam Edition)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was the MOTN (Summerslam edition)

• Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler (IC Title)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MVP vs Jack Swagger

• Chris Jericho & Big Show vs Cryme Tyme (Unified Tag Titles)

• Kane vs The Great Khali

• DX vs Legacy

• Christian vs William Regal (ECW Title)

• Randy Orton vs John Cena (WWE Title)

• CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy (TLC Match/WHC)

• Total voters

Soulpower

Previous winners:

The Bash-Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho (Title vs Mask)
CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy (Night of Champions)

Missed about 95% of the show, so I won't vote yet.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
For me it was the TLC. If that's how Jeff is going out, he definitely went out huge.

DX vs Legacy was great as well though. I was not expecting that.

Evil Austin

ECW title match :shifty:

though seriously, TLC match had it for me

Soulpower

Might as well ask here. How was the PPV overall?

I'm hearing good things about DX vs Legacy, the TLC match and Ziggler vs Rey.

xtremebadass

DX vs. Legacy. That was the first tag team match in years that I actually was REALLY INTO. DX put over Legacy in that match like crazy. Both Rhodes and Dibiase showed what they can do. HBK took both Cross Roads and Dream Street. It made sense for DX to win, but the big story there was Legacy, those guys made a great impression on the WWE fans for the first time in their careers. They are no longer a total joke.

Here's my thoughts on the TLC. Sure, it was a "decent" match. Jeff's Swanton was the sickest thing I have ever seen, but ONE SPOT DOESN'T MAKE A MATCH GREAT. It's like at Mania, just because Taker vs. HBK was great doesn't mean the whole WM was great. The ending was stupid with the one shot to Hardy and he fell to the ground, it was anti climactic. There was not enough tables. The other spots in the match were good, but nothing special. It's not like on the level of Cena vs. Edge TLC. Now that was an EPIC.

Evil Austin

I agree with XBA, that ending after all that build up to the end of the match was stupid. I was seriously expecting somethign along the lines of Punk putting Jeff on his shoulders and giving him a GTS from the top of the ladder.

SnackZ

Reaction score
The ending to the TLC match was perfect imo. Jeff had done the swanton and after weeks of getting knocked the fuck out by punk had head problems (which they kept building up during the match) so the stiff shot to the head, the ladning flat on his back, hitting the back of his head on the apron, getting knocked out, jsut not being able to go anymore, was perfect. Lets the E say that he suffered a severe concussion and the docs have told him to be easy and this time he is FINALLY listening to them, works well for me.

And how many tables do you guys want? Jeff jumped onto one off the corner when Punk moved, he then threw Punk onto one out of the corner (I didn't even know a table was right out there which made it even better) and then Jeff goes through the Announce table - geeze guys - its only 2 dudes, not a 3 on 3 tag match were 6 dudes can go through tables at least once each. Give'em a break.

Reaction score
I agree with SnackZ that was one hell of a match and a great way for Jeff Hardy to go out. Cm Punk truly looks like a champion to me and he looks like he belongs. Undertaker vs CM Punk reminds me of Undertaker vs Bret Hart

Reaction score
I don't exactly want Jeff to go, but that was the best way possible, going with a huge bang. His match was a good one to go out on, and i'm generally pleased with alot of the matches from Summerslam.
Main Event = MOTN for me, only by a small amount though..

kingovkings

Reaction score
TLC just Edged over DX for me. But both matches were sweet. The whole PPV was great IMO.

-Dynasty-

Reaction score
Punk vs Hardy earns my vote, but Rey/Ziggler gets high scores from me, as does DX/Legacy.

Airfixx

TLC for it's raw, hard hitting nature.

(I love it when guys throw folded chairs at each other!)