What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Love in the Afternoon (1957). Monsieur X (John McGiver) hires the best private eye in Paris, Claude Chavesse, to spy on his wife Josephine whom he suspects is having an affair with an American playboy Frank Flanagan (Gary Cooper). Claude does the job and confirms that Josephine is, indeed, carrying on a love affair Frank. Monsieur is in a fit of jealous rage, takes out his gun, and vows to go to the Hotel Ritz to kill his wife and this gigolo whom she's carrying on a secret tryst with.

Chavesse's young daughter Ariane (Audrey Hepburn) is spying on the whole incident in her room and hurries to the Hotel suite 14 at once to warn Flanagan and Josephine that Monsieur X knows of the love affair is coming to kill them both. She tells Josephine to get out and she will substitute herself for Josephine and pretend to be Flanagan's fling for the night. When Monsieur X shows up and finds out that isn't his wife, his temper cools off. But Flanagan gets infatuated with Ariane.

They go out for dates in the afternoon and since Flanagan has a past with women Ariane concocts elaborate stories to keep up on equal footing with her new beau. She said she dated an Importer-Exporter of perfume and bananas, the Duke of Scotland, a bull fighter, and a Canadian hockey player. But at her young age the only male admirer she's ever had was her classmate Michel at the Music conservatory. Flanagan is jealous.

Good performance by Audrey Hepburn as the way she lies is so obvious and entertaining. While Love in the Afternoon is a fun movie, I would've liked it had Ariane gone with Michel (Van Doude). He's geeky, but it's clear he has a crush on her and the two would've been perfect together because they're the same age and have the same passion for music while Flanagan is too old and has gone through too many women to be suitable for the sweet Ariane.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Wait Until Dark (1967). Lisa (Samantha Jones) hands a doll filled with heroin to a complete stranger Sam Hendricks at Kennedy International Airport. She does it to get away from Harry Rhoate Jr. (Alan Arkin) who knows she's holding back a fortune in stashed heroin in that doll.

The doll ends up in Hendricks' apartment in Manhattan. When Lisa's accomplices Mike Talman (Richard Crenna) and Sergeant Carlino show up, they are approached by Rhoate and makes them an offer they can't refuse: find that doll, they each get five hundred dollars and, most importantly, Don't Ask Questions about what's inside that doll. Sam's wife Susie (Audrey Hepburn) is a blind woman so Mike Talman pretends to know Sam to win her trust. He tells they served in US Marines, third battalion together. He needs to know where is the doll located because her husband is in trouble with the police. Crenna hits all the right emotional buttons and knows how to get her to trust him. He's believable as the old friend and, the first time I watched this movie, I was wondering whether Talman was an old friend of Sam.

And Audrey is absolutely impeccable as the blind Susie.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so I'm not sure if these count...but...
I recently did a MST3K Triple Feature.

Devil Fish (1984) from Season 9
Reptilicus (1961) from Season 11
&
Avalanche (1978) from Season 11

Do these count? I mean they are technically
movies...just with Puppets riffing over them.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
A Colt is My Passport (1967) Hitman Kamimura is hired by Senzaki to kill business partner Shiozaki who has gotten too greedy for his own good. Kamimura, along with a young protege Shun, successfully kill Shiozaki as he was praying in a Shinto temple. Kamimura and Shun are on the run as Shiozaki's hoods seek vengence for the murder of their boss.

Crash

Reaction score
Halloween_%281978%29_theatrical_poster.jpg

I CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT FOR THE NEW MOVIE.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It should be, with John Carpenter's involvement...

Actually, liked the Remake. But the last one before that was the worst shit ever...
Yeah, if John is involved it should be good, because after three they got pretty bad, imo.

Yeah, a lot of people hated Zombie's version and I thought it was fine because it gave the reasons and such to why Michael is fucked in the head, you know. Also, Halloween 2 by Rob Zombie is one of the worst Halloween movies ever made

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, if John is involved it should be good, because after three they got pretty bad, imo.

Yeah, a lot of people hated Zombie's version and I thought it was fine because it gave the reasons and such to why Michael is fucked in the head, you know. Also, Halloween 2 by Rob Zombie is one of the worst Halloween movies ever made

Yeah Zombie's Halloween 2 made no sense at all, but I still think Part 8 was the worst movie of all time in the series.

The first one by Zombie was a different approach to the story of Michael Myers, it gave a different view to the story and I enjoyed it, also Malcolm McDowell was so good in the role of Dr Loomis.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah Zombie's Halloween 2 made no sense at all, but I still think Part 8 was the worst movie of all time in the series.

The first one by Zombie was a different approach to the story of Michael Myers, it gave a different view to the story and I enjoyed it, also Malcolm McDowell was so good in the role of Dr Loomis.
Which one was part 8? Is that the one with Coolio or whoever because if so, I agree.

Agree, man. I thought it was interesting to see why Michael did what did, and also Malcolm McDowell was a good Dr. Loomis.

Crash

Reaction score
Which one was part 8? Is that the one with Coolio or whoever because if so, I agree.

Agree, man. I thought it was interesting to see why Michael did what did, and also Malcolm McDowell was a good Dr. Loomis.

Lol yeah the one with that rapper who wins a karate fight against Michael... What a fucking disgrace.