What was the last mid-card feud as hot as Swagger vs Rusev?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cody v Sandow is a good shout. The Rhodes bros vs. The Authority was hardly a mid-card feud though.

I can't believe The Rhodes vs The Shield slipped my mind. It definitely counts as a midcard feud. It did main event one episode of Raw, but then so did Trish vs Lita for the Women's Championship back in the day (as did a horrendous bout between Kane and Snitsky.) "Main Event', 'Midcard', 'Lowercard', etc. is determined by where your feud ranks in importance compared to all the other ones on the show and this one wasn't the most important rivalry on the show (although it came close to being so at the time.) I know The Authority played a huge part in it, but that doesn't prevent it from being midcard. It was for the Tag Team Championships, after all.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I think he only said that because your post was kinda irrelevant to his thread question.

Oh btw he didn't really insult you. Maybe his words were distasteful, but don't take it personally.

Do not involve yourself in MY matters which don't involve you. Do not tell me what to take personally and what not to take personally. Your input is not appreciated. My post had to do with what makes a feud hot. Don't 'kinda' in involve yourself in my garbage again. And 'btw', your opinions on matters that don't involve you should be just that.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Do not involve yourself in MY matters which don't involve you. Do not tell me what to take personally and what not to take personally. Your input is not appreciated. My post had to do with what makes a feud hot. Don't 'kinda' in involve yourself in my garbage again. And 'btw', your opinions on matters that don't involve you should be just that.

Lol what a dick

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
So you complain about people insulting you but insult others when they are civil towards and giving a correct conclusion in which Brad himself agreed with to you? Lol hypocrite.

Reactions: Brad.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So you complain about people insulting you but insult others when they are civil towards and giving a correct conclusion in which Brad himself agreed with to you? Lol hypocrite.
A correct conclusion would be your opinion. I'm no angel and you two girls can tag team all you'd like.
I shed zero tears. Call me a hypocrite all you'd like, my care cup is still empty.
8277cf6a6851f30e84cee5983979e4a1.gif

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I actually came to mention this. That feud was awesome, Ziggler busted his ass to put Ryder over and try to legitimize him in the midst of his popularity boom. Then WWE jobbed Ryder out to Swagger, and Swagger to SANTINO!!!! That's the day the US title should have been tossed in the garbage.

Daniel Bryan vs the Miz in I think 2010 was pretty sweet.
Ryder legitimized himself brah, your boy Ziggler was Nick Nemeth not long before that party began, wasnt he?

Jericho vs Punk was a pretty great midcard feud.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lol, I was also with the Ziggler/Ryder group, although that wasn't WWE's doing. That was hot because of Ryder's Youtube show and the typical Ziggler match quality. :) So I'm calling Bryan/Miz since it was actually a legit feud.

I'm trying to remember one on Koskey's 2011 Smackdown. There was good character development with guys like Rhodes, a great push for Barrett, but I don't remember any good actual FEUDS then.

TLC 2011 was a nice memory. IWC REVOLUTION! Punk as WWE champ while Bryan is WHC! Zack Ryder wins the US Belt while an up-and-comer in Rhodes destroys a legend in Booker for the IC! Air Boom has the tag titles while Beth finally gets the divas title... fast forward 3 years and Bourne/Beth/Punk are gone, Ryder and Kofi are dead, Bryan's career is in doubt, and Rhodes is Stardust. What a depressing thought.