What was the best WWE SVR game?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
SVR 07 and SVR 08 are undisputedly the best imo. I still play those two games to this very day.

07 had a far best roster in the series and arguably in top 5 best ever. Season mode was awesome and even if tit repeated a couple of times it was still interesting. Playing with a CAW in Season mode and step by step improve it’s stats never gets boring, CAW system was that good that you could make created wrestler look just as good as the ones that are featured in the game. Gameplay was amazing even in today’s standards - two button reversal system, ability to save a finisher, very realistic looking moves and it was hard to win which made it more interesting.

08 on the other hand had the best GM Mode ever made. You could play that for months and never get bored because of how many interesting features there were. It was better than Universe mode in 2k19. Gameplay was in some aspects better, while in some aspects worse than ‘07. It had the wrestling styles which you could save during the game and apply it to get, per example, infinite reversals for 2 minutes. Season mode was trash in this game though. It was so much repetitive and least creative compared to past SVR’s. Basically, season mode was the only flaw when it comes to gameplay. Roster was good, but still, way worse than in ‘07.I hated Yukes for not putting in Shelton Benjamin, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero and Hulk Hogan. Also Benoit, but at the time he murdered his family so it’s justified to not promote him at all. Don’t get me wrong, you still had a lot of ECW legends, WWE legends and it was good to say the least but still inferior to the previous game.

I would rank the series like this:
1. SvR 07
2. SvR 08
3. SvR 06
4. SvR 05
5. SvR 11
6. SvR 10
7. SvR 09

Last edited: