What unpopular opinions do you have?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
FTJ's facts are pretty unpopular seeing as theirs no proof to them.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
That's what I keep hearing in the media.

Not that it's reflected in my Facebook feed, but if CNN says it, it must be right.....right?

wk
Not saying that, but there's usually an unpopular gesture towards the aforementioned laws. More behind it, but on a tablet, so can't delve too far.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Those are only unpopular in places like....well.....Texas.

wk
Most Americans and even Europeans in actuality. Even here where we have gun laws and the NHS. I know people who wants guns everywhere and want the NHS gone.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Not saying that, but there's usually an unpopular gesture towards the aforementioned laws. More behind it, but on a tablet, so can't delve too far.

Don't worry about it. I'm just picking a bit.

I'm not a liberal, but I have many liberal friends. And some people take those distinctions way too seriously. I've had to deal with idiots (who just happen to call themselves "conservative", even though they can't spell it) who wanted to start shit over people being liberal...or just basically being different. Those people suck as human beings, no matter their political opinions.

wk

Reactions: Crayo and Nero_x3

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. I'm just picking a bit.

I'm not a liberal, but I have many liberal friends. And some people take those distinctions way too seriously. I've had to deal with idiots (who just happen to call themselves "conservative", even though they can't spell it) who wanted to start shit over people being liberal...or just basically being different. Those people suck as human beings, no matter their political opinions.

wk
Welcome to modern politics/humanity. That's why I never bother in delving into them, just a waste of time and knowledge. Much rather simply debate something than get into a full fledged argument in politics. If it's not politics, I'll debate it to hell though.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Welcome to modern politics/humanity. That's why I never bother in delving into them, just a waste of time and knowledge. Much rather simply debate something than get into a full fledged argument in politics. If it's not politics, I'll debate it to hell though.

I love debate. I have friends I can sit down with and we can piss, moan, and bitch at each other for hours about pro-gun-control vs. anti-gun-control, pro-choice vs. pro-life, pro-death-penalty vs. anti-death-penalty, or just about any topic (the really funny thing is that most of us could take either side effectively on any of those issues), then we come to an impasse, take a sip of whiskey, beer, coffee, what-have-you, and start talking about what's going on in our lives, with our families, etc., and you'd never realize we were just having an argument.

Actually, my relationship with my father was like that. We were pretty similar politically, but we could argue the finer points until the cows came home. We'd fuss and fight until my mother came in and told us both to shut up, often to my wife's great delight, and then we'd start talking Houston Astros baseball, Dallas Cowboys football, or Texas Longhorns (three topics we were always in complete agreement on).

It was a great way to grow up, though, and gave me a tremendous amount of respect for pluralistic viewpoints and how to defend my opinions without getting personal.

I know, "cool story, bro". :happy:

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I love debate. I have friends I can sit down with and we can piss, moan, and bitch at each other for hours about pro-gun-control vs. anti-gun-control, pro-choice vs. pro-life, pro-death-penalty vs. anti-death-penalty, or just about any topic (the really funny thing is that most of us could take either side effectively on any of those issues), then we come to an impasse, take a sip of whiskey, beer, coffee, what-have-you, and start talking about what's going on in our lives, with our families, etc., and you'd never realize we were just having an argument.

Actually, my relationship with my father was like that. We were pretty similar politically, but we could argue the finer points until the cows came home. We'd fuss and fight until my mother came in and told us both to shut up, often to my wife's great delight, and then we'd start talking Houston Astros baseball, Dallas Cowboys football, or Texas Longhorns (three topics we were always in complete agreement on).

It was a great way to grow up, though, and gave me a tremendous amount of respect for pluralistic viewpoints and how to defend my opinions without getting personal.

I know, "cool story, bro". :happy:

wk
I appreciate debate as well. Always fun to just sit down in my house with whoever else is there (I live with 6 other people, not related to any of em), and start casually talking about something until it turns into heated debate. I can usually accept anything as a topic for debate, but if it comes down to something stupidly political (which it hasn't) then at that point I see no point in bothering to argue. Everything just goes out the window at that point.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I feel I am a decent debater, I used that in history essays and always got praise for it, even making excellent pro points for topics I personally disagree with, as well as good negative points for things I believe in. people could've easily thought I was opposite of what I thought. They have in the past actually when I debated about Dean Ambrose once, they thought I was like, super supportive of him when at the time I was against him. I was just able to talk about both his good and bad points well enough to have people think that.

Never find anything worth debating though and one time I wrote out what was essentially an essay on a topic someone made for pro and cons for something and I just got a tldr, haven't really bothered since.

I did once get someone saying they were surprised at my debating skills when we were debating politics in a group chat and he thought I was an idiot and couldn't do so. I did not count it as a compliment however.

I also kinda think that was off topic so eh I apologise.