What type of fan are you?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
A mark - "insider term used to describe fans within the professional wrestling business. Any person in the wrestling business who doesn't know how to separate their "gimmick" and "real life" is also a mark.
"

Smark (or Smart Mark) - "a phrase coined by Internet wrestling fans to describe a fan who enjoys pro wrestling despite or because they know that it is scripted, as well as generally knowing the "ins-and-outs" of the company and knowing many things about the industry or wrestlers collected by sources and are posted online. Smarks may also be criticized for believing they know more than they do in reality about the workings of the wrestling industry."

I'd say I'm a smark personally, but when I compare my knowledge to someone like @[seabs], I tend to drop into mark lmao.

I only became a smark about a year or two ago, basically because I joined online-wrestling forums.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Smark. Have been for around 4 years I'd say. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes I've ruined epic segments because I've figured it out...

I'm no smark regarding any other company though, that's seabs territory. Don't actually know anyone as widely spread as seabs, quite incredible.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm in a different type of fan.

Smark (or Stupid Mark) - Knows wrestling is scripted but knows shit about the industry's plans.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
A mark.

I don't act any differently now than I did in the ring.

When I'm at an autograph signing, and I'm finished signing a fans item and ask "Who's next?", everyone backs up in fear because they think I'll spear them.

TheNova

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd consider myself a Smark, but I have only got back into wrestling last year, so it's still all coming back to me.