What song are you listening to?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I am taking a history of Rock and Roll music class and I can see some parallels to how Rock has been. Every time a new music genre is formed, it is seen as a sense of rebellion, trying something new. Then eventually, once it grows, it is packaged, commercialized, and may grow, but is modified to be "less threatening." Then people become disenfranchised with what the music has become, go to a new one, and the cycle repeats.
Yeah I'm the type of person who listens to all music anyways.

Rock
Soul
R&B
Etc.
It just sad that it seems like Hip Hop may be where Disco is in the next 2 decades... Completely dead

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Yeah I'm the type of person who listens to all music anyways.

Rock
Soul
R&B
Etc.
It just sad that it seems like Hip Hop may be where Disco is in the next 2 decades... Completely dead

We will see. Rock music was the most popular genre of music in the world from the time The Beatles hit in the 60's until only just recently where Hip Hop/Rap took the top spot. Even then, Rock has evolved into so many sub-genres so something which may happen is that Hip-Hop and Rap will continue to grow and evolve. It's far from dead right now due to its large popularity and the fact people still see it still speaks and there are some ways it has stuck to its roots. Rock was mainly African American in its roots then the white people took it and sanitized it...coming from a white person... and it sort of stopped speaking the same way to people. That was why all these sub-genres like Soul, Acid Rock, Punk (although that was more white in origin) came to be. Songs like "This is America" and others... I don't know because I rarely listen to hip hop (sorry), still speak to people. It is a matter of taste though. It has changed because people commercialize it and people have also gone and change it as well to make it theirs again. If you hate most modern day hip hop music, that is completely your taste and there is nothing wrong with it.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Hip Hop may be where Disco is in the next 2 decades... Completely dead
Hip-Hop ain't dead, it just went underground and independent. What is on mainstream may be brain dead noise, but once you look underground or independent you can a slew of good artist.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Hip-Hop ain't dead, it just went underground and independent. What is on mainstream may be brain dead noise, but once you look underground or independent you can a slew of good artist.
Yes that is true...

You have a lot of mainstream artist who are basically like Jesters and Fool

While Underground is where it's at.

But my Hip Hop groove is mostly in the 90s.

It's just the way it is... But enough of that

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler